DX  » Community » Reviews » MR16 1*3W 650~700mA Constant Current Regulated LED Driver (8~24V Input)
Sort by:
17 Reviews SEARCH
  • 5 Star:8815 (88%)
  • 4 Star:122 (12%)
  • 3 Star:00 (0%)
  • 2 Star:00 (0%)
  • 1 Star:00 (0%)

write a review, and get DXPoints

100% of customers would recommend this product to a friend.

• Overall Rating: 5
    • Price: 5
    • Quality: 3
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great for testing and easy to modify

posted by pmatil on 08/29/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Cheap, has good quality MR16 pins, good silicone wires, small
    Cons:
    The input cap is useless. With the original cap I got 55 % efficacy with 2 blue leds and 12 V input (1 A output current). The i...
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Best Driver I've found

posted by bls123 on 08/09/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Small, lightweight and easy to modify for just about any use. Has very good current regulation that only varies 5-10ma at most over the total operating range. The units single resistor that sets the current level is easy to change. Input has a bridge recti...
    Cons:
    None (for me at least. Some have complained about the wires being too short, etc. but for my use I remove the wires, GU10 pins,...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    • Quality: 4
    • Ease Of Use: 2
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Nice in series, bad in parallel

posted by FabianKnapp87 on 03/18/2013 Certified Owner

Pros:
    - PT4115 with standard wiring. - So it has capabilities for dimming - small - price is very nice
    Cons:
    - PT4115 is not useful for use them in parallel at the output.
    View Detail » 
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Very good Powtech PT4115 based LED driver

posted by Jondo76 on 01/19/2013 Certified Owner

Pros:
    - Can handle many LEDs in series. - Good quality PCB - Efficiency is high, measured 96% (25 V input, 24V LED output) without rectifier. - Uses Rubycon japanese capacitor - Analog or PWM dimmable (if you can solder small things) - Reliable, I have been runn...
    Cons:
    - Not 40V as specified, the chip can handle up to 30V and the cap on the board is good for 25V. - The dim input on the driver ...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    A nice PT4115 driver that can drive way more

posted by oinkwaste on 01/10/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    PT4115 is a very versatile chip that can be supplied up to 30V. So considering you change the capacitor to something like 35V-50V, you can drive 7-8 3W leds with this beast. isnt it amazing? also the price you can get it is so cheap, it sometimes doesnt wo...
    Cons:
    not really a con but if you plan not to use AC, its better to tear the 4 schottky diodes that act as a bridge rectifier.
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Well build and working

posted by Infratuna on 10/24/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    Building quality seems good. Does what promised and little more - it works with my bicycle dynamo which produce 6 V max. One of my GU10 230 V 3W led lamps driver broke down. I change this driver to the lamp and now I use it in my bicycle! It perfect cause...
    Cons:
    If the product is good many people write here "No cons at until now. Could be cheaper". I have no idea how much this ...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    PowTech PT4115 based LED driver module

posted by al1alex on 10/07/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    Small, very easy to use driver. Based on well-known PT4115 chip so it will be easy to change output current (up to 1.5A) or add dimming wire Works nice with 2 LEDs starting from 6.1VDC (with 5.55 V output)/ Can accept DC and AC - no problem with wrong po...
    Cons:
    M16 legs too thick and solded on PCB surface. Broke one leg while inserting driver :( It would be better if the legs were solde...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Very small device, easy to use!

posted by phett on 06/04/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    It works very well in a wide range of voltage. Can be dimmed with some small modification.
    Cons:
    Dim-Pin is not made available on the PCB, but its not that difficult to add a wire for dimming.
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    great for lots of different applications

posted by thecoolkidjoe on 05/16/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    this thing is great i use it on my honda xr400 for the head light. i have 2 running on just the stator power and it does exactly what i want. the stater puts anywhere from about 9-15volts ac so i left the bridge in because i dont have any reason for rf sign...
    Cons:
    some cons of this product are that it gets hot but as long as you take and put it on a very small heat sink you should have no ...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Most perfect LED Driver on DX!!

posted by Iceananas on 03/02/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    - PowTech PT4115: extremely easy to mod for your own purpose: change the sense resistor to vary your average current, you can also add a potentiometer or PWN module to dim your LED :-O - Can handle AC and DC, I didnt remove the bridge rectifier for the ca...
    Cons:
    - RF interferences. But you can solve this easily: Just solder a capacitor to the board at the output pins (where Led+ and LED-...
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 2
Go to Page:

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections