DX  » Community » Reviews » MR16 1*3W 650~700mA Constant Current Regulated LED Driver (8~24V Input)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 5
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 5
Perfect for running LEDs off of 12v – MR16 1*3W 650~700mA Constant Current Regulated LED Driver (8~40V Input) Reviews

posted by lilmundo on 04/04/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
-It delivers very reliable current, ~620ma by my measurement. -It can easily power 2 leds in series off of a 12v battery. This is an excellent feature. -Easy to set up -Driver stays cool
Cons:
It has a bridge rectifying diode set up so that it can accept ac or dc. Not a real con, but you can bypass the diodes if you check the polarity and save a little efficiency when running off of DC.
Other:
I used these drivers to power some 12v lamps with two 3w LEDs inside each. I got to test it during a blackout and there was so much light in my living room it was like our house was the only one on the street with a well lit living space.
Bottomline:
This is a very useful product. Perfect for what I needed it for. If you want to power 1 to 2 3w LEDs off of 12v, this is the driver you want.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections