DX  » Community » Reviews » VSTARCAM F6836W PTZ Indoor Wireless IP Network Camera with 10-LED IR Night Vision - White
Sort by:
12 Reviews SEARCH
  • 5 Star:587 (58%)
  • 4 Star:425 (42%)
  • 3 Star:00 (0%)
  • 2 Star:00 (0%)
  • 1 Star:00 (0%)

write a review, and get DXPoints

100% of customers would recommend this product to a friend.

• Overall Rating: 5
    • Price: 4
    • Quality: 4
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    IP Camera

posted by armadilloshield on 06/19/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    This IP camera, very quiet when you move the viewing position. Image very clear during day vision, night vision very clear too. Really love this IP camera. Even better than other branded camera. Setting up not that difficult, if you have basic IT knowledge....
    Cons:
    Once you complete the very first configuration. Seem unable to change the setting anymore. Even try to change DDNS parameter wi...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great home cam for not so much money

posted by dsarkanovic on 03/22/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Initially I was bit suspicious about this cheap cam as it is much cheaper than my FOSCAM so I thought it'll be a junk. What a mistake. It's just what you need from a home IP cam. -Build and plastics is of good quality (for home use of course) -Video is al...
    Cons:
    Would like to see it with a bit higher resolution for this same price. Be aware that when in night mode (and that is automatica...
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 5
    • Quality: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Surveillance system for a low cost!!!

posted by budasakyamuni on 03/07/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    This is an excellent product. Offers a complete surveillance system, including audio features, you can access your ip camera from anywhere in the world, and move it, you can hear what's happening where the camera is. It has 16 pre-selected positions so you ...
    Cons:
    None
    View Detail » 
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good cam

posted by orlandodcj on 02/21/2013 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Good product. good night vision. not so hard to configure the camera, but i had dificulty to configure my router to get the image from the internet.
    Cons:
    i havent saw before i buy that the plug dont work in my country so i had to buy an adapter. but after that become ok.
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    • Quality: 3
    • Ease Of Use: 2
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Excellent price, hard to set up

posted by wmertens on 01/29/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    - Good image - Good pan/tilt, a little slow maybe - Has IR-Cut (better day colors) but is not noisy when switching (good for baby rooms) - Microphone is ok for monitoring baby - WiFi and LAN work fine - You can turn off the green network indicator LED - Ver...
    Cons:
    - You need to use windows to set it up, or you have to know that the LAN IP address is set to 192.168.1.126 (I think, not sure ...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good product and good value

posted by glyraedanmeg on 01/06/2013 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Easy to use and able to monitor via most Andriod and IOS APPs over the mobile phones. Good build. The quality of the item looks great. It comes in white glossy plastic and built in speakers and mic. I can listen to the live views over the mobile phones and ...
    Cons:
    As I had mentioned in my last review on this cam. The setup is not as easy, however, even if the set is a Plug 'n Play model, t...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good Choice

posted by jaquemate on 12/12/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    I must said that Quality is the first impression after you open the box. Good Packaging and good materials. Also, It does what you expect and more: Managing from differents browsers and OS (iexplorer, firefox, chrome, android chrome, android app, IOS app, ...
    Cons:
    Android app it´s difficult to setup (I have not yet achieved, but i have it only for one day)
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 3
    • Ease Of Use: 2
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    IP Cam of good value

posted by glyraedanmeg on 11/28/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Good piece of equipment for the price. It is handy if you want to monitor the environment that was installed at. I've installed 1 so far and yet to activate the other piece. I will be buying another 5.
    Cons:
    Colour tone in low light is resonable but far from good. Not too easy to setup and the online instructions are not clear enough...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    VOC1794

posted by VOC1794 on 11/24/2012 Certified Owner

Pros:
    This is a night vision camera with a reasonable indoor night vision distance. The infrared LEDs are activated during darkness This 'monochromatic' light is interpreted as a black and white image. During daylight there is some color cast caused by a missing ...
    Cons:
    The backlash in the gears and mechanism are causing that the presets are not always accurate. The camera is described as a PTZ,...
    View Detail » 
    • Ease Of Use: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Excellent Product

posted by mhcbrio on 11/06/2012 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Excellent surveillance camera. You can control over internet from software that comes with CD or web browser. Wireless connection or RJ45. Web control panel. Smartphone access from Android and Iphone with free or paid Apps. Duplex Audio. DDNS makes easy ac...
    Cons:
    You need to know about lan configuration to get it working. Audio should be better.
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 2
Go to Page:

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections