DX  » Community » Reviews » Cree XR-E R2-WC 5-Mode 250-Lumen LED Drop-in Module for WF-502B and Flashlights Alike (3.6V~8.4V)
Sort by:
6 Reviews SEARCH
  • 5 Star:503 (50%)
  • 4 Star:332 (33%)
  • 3 Star:171 (17%)
  • 2 Star:00 (0%)
  • 1 Star:00 (0%)

write a review, and get DXPoints

100% of customers would recommend this product to a friend.

• Overall Rating: 5
    • Price: 4
    • Quality: 5
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good deal!

posted by vadim73 on 06/06/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    Very bright Clear white light (not "bluish" + not "yellowish") 3 useful modes (with different brightness: high/mid/low) memory (resumes lighting from last mode - which was when device was turned off)
    Cons:
    "SOS" signal is very-very slow for normal people to recognize what does really mean that strange blinking ... 2 unnec...
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 5
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good upgrade, good driver

posted by Culverjoe on 04/12/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    The driver works flawlessly. Many cheap drivers flicker on lower output settings, or are inconsistent on how they changed modes, but this worked great! I pulled the driver out in favor of a two mode, and it was very nicely built. Two boards, lots of electro...
    Cons:
    driver only pulled 860mA. But not the worst thing in my G2 due to heat dissipation characteristics of the nitrolon housing. tw...
    View Detail » 
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Exactly what I needed.

posted by lepugh on 03/05/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Inexpensive Great quality reflector 200+ lumen LED (measured output) Drops right in (dimensions given are all correct). Long battery life Memory - if button not pressed rapidly the driver returns to the previous mode used, which I was not expecting, but is ...
    Cons:
    None
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    • Quality: 4
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    • Usefulness: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    works with my Huntlight FT-01

posted by ponger on 07/13/2008 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:less than 1 day

Pros:
    - Fit my Huntlight FT-01 (Luxeon III T-bin) with protected 18650 easily after removing outer spring - Significantly brigher spot and spill than my Fenix L2D P4 with textured reflector - whiter tint than my Fenix (which is greenish) - does have mode memory, ...
    Cons:
    - mode memory suffers from classic "off by one" error (i.e. it starts in the next mode in the cycle as noted by previ...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 3
    • Quality: 3
    • Ease Of Use: 2
    • Usefulness: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good and Bad

posted by 1dash1 on 07/09/2008 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Reasonably well-built, no obvious manufacturing flaws, all 5 modes work, switching between modes by clicking the on-off tail switch worked every time, good white color, low and medium brightness okay, high is less than the Q5 single mode.
    Cons:
    (1) No memory, the light always progresses to the next mode when turned back on. It doesn't matter how long the light has been...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    • Quality: 4
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    First review for 5-Mode R2

posted by Happyguy on 07/02/2008 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    After repeatedly testing this dropin here are my results: - Good build quality (soldering etc) - I really like "usefull" modes so like High-Mid-Low (but see my comments on Cons) - Easy to use and fits in my Ultrafire / Romisen flashlights like als...
    Cons:
    - No memory for last used mode - No brightness difference of the modes Mid and Low, maybe the driver of my Dropin is defective?...
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 1
Go to Page:
  • Previous
  • Next

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections