DX  » Community » Reviews » Large Lightsabre 3-Mode Red+Green LED Signaling Rod (3*AA Batteries)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 4
  • Price: 3
  • Quality: 5
  • Ease Of Use: 4
  • Usefulness: 5
Perfect to keep in car or for lightpainting. – Large Lightsabre 3-Mode Red+Green LED Signaling Rod (3*AA Batteries) Reviews

posted by AlexandreFr on 12/05/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
I was not aware of that untill i had it in my hands (even if it is written on the description) : It has a magnetic base! The magnet is pretty strong. Nice rich red and green color. Its a full set of individual leds inside. It is not just one led in a diffuser, its about a dozen or mor leds per color, this makes this light pretty bright. uses standard batteries Got a good grip on the handle.
Cons:
The plastic is clear so individual leds tend to show in light painting, i need to find a way to diffuse more the light to have something more homogeneous without hotspots.
Other:
I first bought this for lightpainting, but after playin with it i think i'll keep it also in the car, it's a good light flare to mark your position, and with the magnetic cap, you can mark you car's position and stay clear in a safe place off the road.
Bottomline:
Get one, you will always find it useful. I would of liked to have one when i was rollerskating at night with friends. It would of been more adapted to mark our position than our standard flashlight.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections