DX  » Community » Reviews » 52.8mm*41.5mm Aluminum Reflector with Copper Base for SSC P7 LED Emitters
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 5
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 5
Works well with XML also – 52.8mm*41.5mm Aluminum Reflector with Copper Base for SSC P7 LED Emitters Reviews

posted by Flav_3 on 11/08/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
this is the OP(orange peel) style, which means more spill and less throw, but trust me when I say that this throws WELL. and gives a very good amount of side spill for when needed up close. With a well driven and well sinked XML, light can reach few hundred feet with no problem. Make sure to use some kind of separation between the emitter and reflector as to not create a short since its all metal.
Cons:
Scratches somewhat easily....although most aluminum reflectors do, use a slight damp tissue to LIGHTLY clean if really really necessary otherwise leave it alone, you won't be able to tell in the beam. PROTECT emitter from shorting out... otherwise no other cons, works really well
Other:
buy this for a mag upgrade, u won't be sorry especially not for this price. the lip at the top of the reflector is slightly thicker than stock reflector on a mag and it will make a gap between head and bezel, can be ground down but not crucial.
Bottomline:
WELL worth the price, I have purchased two and will purchase more

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections