DX  » Community » Reviews » 1" LCD Water Resistant Hour Meter for Motor - Black (1 x AG13)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 4
  • Price: 3
  • Quality: 5
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 1
not a Tach meter. Just hour. – 1" LCD Water Resistant Hour Meter for Motor - Black (1 x AG13) Reviews

posted by Eduardik on 07/01/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
Seems to be waterproof. Back side/internal components is completely sealed with pouring resin. The sensing wire isn't electrically connected to the unit, it inserts into slot. So it is wrapped around sparkplug cable on one end, and inserted into a slot in the unit. Picking engine ingition signal ok. Sandhour symbol is steadily on when engine is not running. When engine is running, the symbol is flashing.
Cons:
NOT a Tach meter. DX picture and description is wrong. I expected to show hours when engine is still and show RPM when engine is running. It doesn't serve my purpose at all.
Other:
The unit is waterproof - sealed with some resin. The product design makes impossible to replace internal battery. I wonder what is the design battery life.
Bottomline:
Don't buy it if you need a RPM meter.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections