Sort by:
22 Reviews SEARCH
  • 5 Star:6815 (68%)
  • 4 Star:276 (27%)
  • 3 Star:51 (5%)
  • 2 Star:00 (0%)
  • 1 Star:00 (0%)

write a review, and get DXPoints

100% of customers would recommend this product to a friend.

• Overall Rating: 5
    • Price: 5
    • Quality: 5
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    product ok for this price

posted by banicaalex on 02/24/2014 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    product is really good for this price.. the main objective of a lens hood is to protect the lens ... I don't really use it to prevent the sun shines .. I use this on a Nikon 50mm lens..
    Cons:
    no cons so far..plastic is quite cheap but it does the job... Advice for people that have problems fitting this hood: do not b...
    View Detail » 
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    PArasol D5100 Nikon

posted by andrefestas9 on 01/23/2014 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Produto rico em detalhes, rosca precisa, cor sem brilho que evita reflexos,
    Cons:
    apesar do excelente preço acho que todos ficariam satisfeitos com uma bolsa, embalagem mais rígida para transporte qu...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 3
    • Quality: 3
    • Ease Of Use: 1
    • Usefulness: 1
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Not useable

posted by David01234 on 08/17/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Petal Shape Lens Hood, with screw mount can be attached to the 52mm lens or filter thread. This can lower the contrast of the image. Enables you to shoot towards the light source, and being reflected inside the lens, without excessive flare, stops light com...
    Cons:
    It just does not work as it fits at the front of the 52 mm lens. The problem is that this part turns as you zoom in or out/focu...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    • Quality: 4
    • Ease Of Use: 3
    • Usefulness: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    good quality cheap hood

posted by pspeybro on 06/20/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    this lens hood fits on the 12-50mm lens (24-100 equivalent) that comes with the Olympus OM-D E-M5. Good quality construction.
    Cons:
    when using the olympus 12-50 lens at its widest angle, the lens hood causes some vignetting in the corners. This can probably f...
    View Detail » 
    • Usefulness: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Very well!!

posted by Adre123456 on 05/29/2013 Certified Owner

Pros:
    I use it with Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6GII AF-S DX. What can I say about this item: much cheaper than official one but do his job very well. Plastic is good quality whith a matt structure inside. Easy to install, have a locking ring to secure it to the len...
    Cons:
    There is only one little problem with this lens hood, it's vissible when you take picture in focal distance beetwen 18mm-22mm.
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    • Usefulness: 2
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good lens hood

posted by bacad on 04/25/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Good hood, very cheap, easy to mount and dismount, very strong, very useful, looks like original one
    Cons:
    Unfortunately, the usability with lenses is limited. If i use my 18-55mm lens, between 18 and 24 mm, the borders of the hood ...
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    satisfied

posted by TiagoUA on 04/23/2013 Certified Owner

Pros:
    simple, solid, good for the price. i had in the past before an lens hood from a shop what give me black striped at photos of the hood. But this one is really good.
    Cons:
    cheap material, proportional to the price (despite of it doesn't make any difference in this product). Also in my 18-55mm (Niko...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good Lens Hood for my Canon

posted by Rik0331 on 04/18/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    Similar lens hoods for Canons lenses will cost 20 euros in Dutch stores (about 26 US dollars). It seems to be of good quality. It fits perfectly on my camera lens. The ring that you can screw on to your lens' thread is another advantage.
    Cons:
    Not really a con; the carton box this lens hood came in could be of better quality. The box had a lot of suffering from the shi...
    View Detail » 
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Limited compatibility with lenses

posted by pcmihnea on 04/04/2013 Certified Owner

Pros:
    The build quality, the materials used, are way more than it's price. The ring that you can screw to tighten on to your lens' thread is another advantage. Very useful, if you have the right lenses (see "cons").
    Cons:
    Unfortunately, the usability with lenses is limited. For example, if I use it with my Nikon 18-55mm lenses, due to it's externa...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Sun Filter por mi Nikoin D5100

posted by Tulem on 03/21/2013 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Great product at a very low cost. For people from Argentina, it is a ver good choice. Sun Filters for Nikons here are about 10 or more USD. Well, in DX you can buy it al 3.3USD!! The quality is god, fits perfeclty on mi D5100, so, just buy it. Buen product...
    Cons:
    none
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 3
Go to Page:

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections