DX  » Community » Reviews » YongNuo TC-C1 Precision Timer Remote Shutter Switch for Canon/Pentax/Samsung DSLR Cameras
Sort by:
18 Reviews SEARCH
  • 5 Star:7814 (78%)
  • 4 Star:224 (22%)
  • 3 Star:00 (0%)
  • 2 Star:00 (0%)
  • 1 Star:00 (0%)

write a review, and get DXPoints

100% of customers would recommend this product to a friend.

• Overall Rating: 4
    • Price: 3
    • Quality: 4
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    A must have addon

posted by TJChagas on 06/20/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Bought this for my Rebel T2i 550D. With this i can: 1. Set time remaining to take the pic 2. Set number of pics 3. Set interval between each pic 4. Set exposure time for the pics I can set the quantity to zero, and do a time lapse, or a stop motion... Its p...
    Cons:
    No power off switch The battery do not lasts "forever" as some said... but that its not a con, its obviously.
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 5
    • Price: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Very nice timer

posted by Tugee on 03/10/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Works reliably. A fine replacement for branded timers and very similar to the Canon version. A multitude of handy modes that can even be used together to take e.g. custom-length exposures at timed intervals. The unit is very light. The build quality is good.
    Cons:
    It's not the easiest thing to grab in your hand and start using. At least I had to check the instructions first (and the manual...
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 5
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Excellent equipment

posted by edilsonfb on 02/19/2013 Certified Owner

Pros:
    - Excellent equipment, becase you can use this for a lot of things: timer, time-lapse, shots with and interval. - You can combine the features, this it's a good thing, because it's useful for a lot of things. My friends ask me all the time to lends it. - ...
    Cons:
    - You can't turn off, but it's not a problem, I have this shutter for more than one year, and still works!!
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Excellent Intervalometer for Canon 1100D

posted by mpcpro on 01/22/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:less than 1 day

Pros:
    - Works exactly like the canon version. - Much cheaper, being 1 forth of the price. - Long Battery Life (Up to 3 years according to the manual). - LCD Light to use in the dark.
    Cons:
    - Cheap plastic feel. - Not very good building materials. - No off button. - Short wire, but works fine if you are reasonable ...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    No power switch and needed to get used to the control

posted by StefanSeeger on 09/14/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    +Cheap +Works with Canon EOS 600D +Handy +Remote switch works even without battery +Works
    Cons:
    -No power switch -Changing the times is different than thought (Press the dialer to start editing mode, than turn it in the dif...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    • Price: 3
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Cheaper quality than the original but way cheaper in price too.

posted by federatier on 09/12/2012 Certified Owner

Pros:
    It works fine, no problem at all. Way cheaper than the original from Canon and has the same functionalities. Timelapses are much easier with this remote than using camera advanced features.
    Cons:
    Doesn't have on/off button, when not in use you should remove the battery although it lasts for more than a month. Cable could ...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Nice with Pentax K-5

posted by noname906 on 06/23/2012 Certified Owner

Pros:
    It's a cheap timer shutter switch. Quite useful. Allows creating time-lapse, allows using very long exposure time. Suitable for cameras of different brands. May be used as a remote shutter even without battery.
    Cons:
    The build quality is not excellent. Lack of power switch, however it's said that it works for three years with a single battery...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good!

posted by f0e68c on 02/21/2012 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Easy to use. Useful. Cheap. What is needed else? when i received the package i open it, put battery in, plug device to my d350 and just start shooting. I has not read user manual yet - why? this is sooo easy. result of my first experience you can see here, ...
    Cons:
    Uncertain battery cover on my sight, but easy in repair i think (hope).
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Nice easy to use shutter timer

posted by Slugsie on 01/24/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    I had built my own shutter timer that worked well enough, but was bulky and the batteries didn't last all that long. It's now been replaced by this device which is small, light, and lasts a couple of months off a single CR2032 coin cell battery. Even withou...
    Cons:
    None really.
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great thing!

posted by luisman on 07/26/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Excelent product. Easy to use, has all the needed functions and no more than the needed ones. I use the intervalometer to do astrophotography and could easily set the camera to shoot all the pictures automatically without my intervention.
    Cons:
    It has no power off switch, you can take the battery off, but I think it really doesn't use much battery so it's not a big prob...
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 2
Go to Page:

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections