DX  » Community » Reviews » FE-12 180 Degree Fish Eye Lens for Cellphone and Digital Camera - Black
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 4
  • Price: 4
  • Quality: 5
  • Ease Of Use: 3
  • Usefulness: 5
Its 'OK' – FE-12 180 Degree Fish Eye Lens for Cellphone and Digital Camera - Black Reviews

posted by DaviF on 09/05/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
The use of this lens widens the angle of the shoot, allowing the camera to receive more light and making an image that contains a larger area. Comes with a couple of magnet rings that you can paste on your camera in case it doesnt have anything magnetic so you can attach the lens, also comes with a couple of covers to protech the lenses from dust/scratches.
Cons:
It stands in the way of the flash on my Galaxy SII, making it hard to impossible to take pictures at night or dark places.
Other:
The use of this lens seems to have made my camera unable to properly use the auto-focus, and even when it does, the image looks a bit blurry. Im not sure if it's the lens' fault or android's.. The image still has a decent quality tho (as you can see on the images I attached).
Bottomline:
Its a cheap fish-eye lens and it does it's job just fine, so why not?

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections