DX  » Community » Reviews » Ultrafire C1 Q5-WC 230-Lumen LED Flashlight with Clip (2*CR123A/1*18650)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 4
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 5
amazing light – Ultrafire C1 Q5-WC 230-Lumen LED Flashlight with Clip (2*CR123A/1*18650) Reviews

posted by elmwoodblues on 03/25/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
I thought my 3-LED LifeWorks 2 C-cell was the standard in lights, and has been for me for two years or more. Now, I reach for this guy when heading out with the dog. No power levels or flash mode; just a nice, simple, really bright light. Does not heat up, runs on rechargeables (I use an 18650, 123's are also an option). Anti-roll bezel
Cons:
Never seen an 18650 battery in a store, so that could be a factor for some. 123's are fairly available though, and the power source is certainly a part of the light output. Switch can only be made momentary by clicking 'on' and then depressing off; releasing gives you light. Clip is thin; more for storing light on a board than carrying in the field.
Other:
Get two 18650's and a charger for under $15, maybe an o-ring if water is an issue for you; otherwise don't hesitate.
Bottomline:
More light for less than the price of a WalMart Coleman and solid.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections