DX  » Community » Reviews » Ultrafire C1 Q5-WC 230-Lumen LED Flashlight with Clip (2*CR123A/1*18650)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 4
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 3
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 4
Just short of perfect. – Ultrafire C1 Q5-WC 230-Lumen LED Flashlight with Clip (2*CR123A/1*18650) Reviews

posted by 1dash1 on 09/10/2008 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
The Q5's bright running off 18650's. Brighter still running off either CR123's or RCR123's. I like the fact that I can run this light for long periods on a single 18650 and run it on primaries in the event of emergencies/power outtages. Single mode: Off/On. Can't get much easier to use than that.
Cons:
Lots of partially attached and loose metal cuttings on all threads. Dirty lens.
Irregular lubrication: gobs of oil in some places, dry in other places.
Took over two months for delivery due to a mistake in filling my original order.
Other:
I knew ahead of time that this flashlight was too bright for my needs. I bought it as a host for SKU 13658. Together with my FM34 diffuser, they give me three usable modes of floody light with very long runtimes.
I wish DX would sell a 2-mode tailcap, like the one that comes with SKU 12325. I'd run the Q5 and/or R2 off of it. I might lose some runtime with that resistored option, but the utility gained would be worthwhile for me.
Bottomline:
Simple, good quality product. Very bright. Useful for those who have a need for bright lights. Useful for me as an 18650 P60 host.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections