DX  » Community » Reviews » Stainless Steel Self-Winding Mechanical Tachometer Wristwatch
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 5
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 5
Kewel Watch – Stainless Steel Self-Winding Mechanical Tachometer Wristwatch Reviews

posted by woodstock069 on 07/18/2008 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
Looks really cool. Automatic (self winding) watch. Keeps pretty good time for this price point. It has lost about 40 seconds per twenty four hours so far. Not digital precision, but hey its not digital or $300.00
Looks expensive. Nice build
It Ticks (not that once a second thing, but that real time piece sound) bit of a rarity these days.
Good wristband, was easy to take links out.
Cons:
A little difficult to read, with such fine hands and all that shiney gear work in behind.. but maybe thats a pro because you have to spend a little longer looking at it?
Dont put it under water its definately not water proof. Rated at 1ATM (one Atmosphere) on the back.
Bezel doesn't move so using the tachymeter is limited to timeing from zero seconds (12 o'clock) only, but I'm sure you could work that out all the same.
Other:
Don't know how long it goes for when you take it off, as I haven't had it off long enough, I just like it so much. Yet I havn't worn a watch for years.
Tachymeter is a really nice change from the usual Dive bezel.
Glass apears to be plastic, probably acrylic, but what would you expect at this price (saphire crystal glass HA Ha ha ha!)
DX... No its not a Tachometer (it doesn't measure RPM) its a Tachymeter, which measures speed. i.e. if you travel 1 Km in 36 seconds you are doing 100Km/h hence the 100 marking beside 36 seconds!! So for you guys out there in imperial land you may need to do a few conversions, or just enjoy the watch??
Bottomline:
Good value, cool lookin' watch. Hey even if it didn't tell the time I'd probably wear it.. Just nice lookin' piece of jewellery.. and like a previous rating (dont buy one if you live near me) no but seriously if you like NICE things this is probably for you.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections