View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 3
  • Price: 3
  • Quality: 3
  • Ease Of Use: 4
  • Usefulness: 3
interesting toy to put on your desk – Prison Break Brain Teaser IQ Puzzle Reviews

posted by dragonicebreak on 05/12/2009 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
The puzzle is relatively large, which is nice. It is an interesting design for the puzzle, and I had never seen it before I saw it here. The puzzle is pretty straightforward -- there's a ball in a jail cell, and you can get the ball out somehow. From far away the wood looks nice.
Cons:
But from close up, the wood is not the best quality. You can see chips in the wood and little splinter things coming out here and there. The wood is not finished very well on the jail cell. And on the ball, there are little wooden pegs that stick out and are glued to the ball -- these wood things are unfinished and have little splinters coming out from all over. Also, the glue is very visible at the interface from the peg to the ball, and the glue job is not great.
Also, it's really easy to solve, and once you've done it once, you know it forever, so it's kind of useless and no longer fun to play with.
Other:
Bottomline:
It's an interesting puzzle, and I keep it on my desk. If you're not that curious, then don't buy it, but if you are slightly curious then it's probably worth the money. It's not that expensive.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections