DX  » Community » Reviews » X2000 Flood-to-Throw Zooming Glass Optics Cree P4-WC LED Flashlight (1*CR123A)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 4
  • Quality: 5
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 5
One little toy – X2000 Flood-to-Throw Zooming Glass Optics Cree P4-WC LED Flashlight (1*CR123A) Reviews

posted by seckinb on 11/21/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
+ Does really have good throw for light shows and good flood for indoor usage too. + Can see the beam like a saber in the dark. + Small and looks durable. Survived a few drops and hard push pull at the hands of my 2 year old daughter. + Blinding if spotted at the eyes but it really is a tight beam. + Can tailstand
Cons:
- The body is the same diameter, cut from all other x2000 lights including that can work with AAA cells so it is too thick for a CR123 battery flashlight. - Focus changes easily trying to press the button, more due to short body. I have to use my three fingers to turn on/off - Mine has a plastic lens and optics seem to steal some of the light too. I hope to have these with more powerful leds someday. - The price could be lower. There are many more powerful and smaller lights available at this price range.
Other:
A small flashlight and good for many tasks due to zooming head. Easy to carry. Makes a good toy to play with and hide in my big hands :)
Bottomline:
My first zooming flashlight made me buy more of these. While the tightest and widest ends have their own advantages, with even illumination mid range setting on these zooming lights is more than pleasing in the dark.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections