DX  » Community » Reviews » X2000 Flood-to-Throw Zooming Glass Optics Cree P4-WC LED Flashlight (1*CR123A)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 4
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 5
The little torch that could. – X2000 Flood-to-Throw Zooming Glass Optics Cree P4-WC LED Flashlight (1*CR123A) Reviews

posted by thekanester on 10/27/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
I bought this just before it sold out! I also bought one of the xm-l t6 zoom-flood torches that professes to have 900 lumens that was twice the price of this one. I've owned a bunch of p4 torches and know how generally decent they are in terms of output. To my surprise, this little thing is almost indistinguishable from the xm-l. I was disappointed by that one, but over the moon with this little one. It's also stupidly small and looks very cute. It's great to see so much output from such a stubby torch. I'm disappointed that these are sold out as I'd buy another few as gifts if they weren't.
Cons:
There are no cons - certainly not at this price. The only thing I would mention is that there is a little tiny bit of slop around the head, but it's not too bad. The inner tube also has a plastic liner for the battery, but I guess to make it compatible with some cheaper batteries that might be a little wider, it's a bit generous. My protected CR123A doesn't rattle about too much, and it's generally very good.
Other:
All the moving parts are greased and move without issue - I'm really pleased with it. I haven't conducted any runtime tests on this yet, but I'd expect about 30 minutes at full brightness and over an hour of usable runtime.
Bottomline:
Currently sold out - would buy more if DX get more in. Really good little torch.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections