DX  » Community » Reviews » Driver-free Universal USB IR Media Remote Controller for PC (2*AAA)
Sort by:
74 Reviews SEARCH
  • 5 Star:6850 (68%)
  • 4 Star:2821 (28%)
  • 3 Star:43 (4%)
  • 2 Star:00 (0%)
  • 1 Star:00 (0%)

write a review, and get DXPoints

100% of customers would recommend this product to a friend.

• Overall Rating: 5
    • Price: 5
    • Quality: 5
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Perfect remote for price

posted by arjhun on 04/10/2014 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    This remote was easy to setup. Plastic feels oké and the buttons are very tactile and rubbery, I like! Very standards compliant so easy to setup with LIRC, xbmc will accept out of the box. Operating distance is A OK!!!!
    Cons:
    Packaching was busted at arrival, but hé, it flew all over the world!! The mouse is a digital mouse so you've got left, ri...
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 3
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Cheap nice IR remote

posted by brianfroelund on 11/17/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    The remote is very cheap and works out of the box with most operating systems. The buttons are nice to press and similar to tv bundled remotes. The buttons are reasonably laid out, though i would have preferred to have 4 separate direction buttons with an o...
    Cons:
    The remote is very lightweight which give it a very cheap plasticky feel. The quality in general is not very good and the solde...
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Cheap and works

posted by Krosa on 04/28/2013 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Unbox and plugin and you are ready to go. The installation cannot be made any easier. On this very cheap remote controller you will find enough buttons for most applications and the remote seems to be of good quality. I recommend this one as the price and q...
    Cons:
    When I tried the remote I noticed that the mouse cursor moving isn't something you should rely on, do not mistake this for a mo...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    • Price: 4
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great purchase and value for the money

posted by HarukaKanata on 03/06/2013 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Its a wonderful plug and play PC remote, no drivers needed. its great if you have your PC as a media center. Its has all of your basic mouse functions, as well as other buttons that make it easier to browse through your PC. the customizable buttons (color...
    Cons:
    The only part that is a bit defective is the mouse controller - if you press too hard on either direction, it tends to deviate ...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Working in GNU/Linux

posted by ghostDancer on 02/08/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Plug and Play in GNU/Linux, ideal for use with a media center,i'm using it with XBMC. Then You can improve and tune to your delight the configuration .
    Cons:
    Not that i found, at least not for the use i need.
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Perfect to XBMC

posted by phgsbr on 12/01/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Really driver free, just plug and play! I use this in a Ubuntu XBMC and the grey keys works without problems. Also works in gnome as mouse and keyboard. High range.
    Cons:
    The color buttons dont works in XBMC. The Right click does xbmc crash sometimes. Batterys not include. batteries not included. ...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    A must-have accessory for media server!

posted by Jakkeke on 11/30/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    -Cheap! The item would have cost at least 20$ in my country(Finland)! -Versatile. Not only does it get the job done when it comes to controlling media, but it also has mouse "pad" and R and L mouse buttons so you can easily check your email with...
    Cons:
    -The mouse pad could be better. That's why I will have to give 4/5 build of quality. The pad works though, but it is quite hard...
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good remote for this price

posted by FatalErr on 11/29/2012 Certified Owner

Pros:
    It works out of the box. Can be used to control mouse, have multimedia control keys. Perfect price for this functionality.
    Cons:
    It looks and feels a little bit cheap. If you need something more visually impressive or functional than it, you probably shoul...
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 3
    • Quality: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Nice cheap remote

posted by arjhun on 11/28/2012 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Very cheap and ok form factor. This device gives you value for money and workes out of the box. The infra-red receiver can be used for other devices. I'm using this remote with XBMC 11 (eden) and it works like it promised. You maybe have to do some optinal ...
    Cons:
    The packeging was realy cheap, and didnt survive transport. However, the device did, that says something. The mouse joystick ...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Still using it after two years

posted by Armaniac on 10/08/2012 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Pros: This remote does what it promises: It is an universal IR media remote for PC's. I have used it for several computer systems just to give some presentations and such. As you do not have to install any software, you can just plug and play in any (Window...
    Cons:
    Feels a bit light, but the device and especially the buttons held up fine for the last two years.
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 8
Go to Page:

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections