DX  » Community » Reviews » SSC P7-C 2800mA LED Module with Copper Base (3.6V~8.4V)
Sort by:
14 Reviews SEARCH
  • 5 Star:436 (43%)
  • 4 Star:507 (50%)
  • 3 Star:71 (7%)
  • 2 Star:00 (0%)
  • 1 Star:00 (0%)

write a review, and get DXPoints

100% of customers would recommend this product to a friend.

• Overall Rating: 5
    • Price: 5
    • Quality: 4
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    excellent

posted by wonderchild on 01/20/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    perfect light. low consumption. high power. single word is great. Size : Ø 12 mm×6.54 mm Features : -A single LED package providing the world's highest brightness of 900 lm and the efficacy of 90 lm/W ...
    Cons:
    focus is not good. overheating.SinkHeat sink is a protective device that absorbs and dissipates the excess heat generated by a ...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    • Price: 4
    • Quality: 5
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Fits the 6D Police "Xenon" Flashlight on DX

posted by alexandrusa on 11/26/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    - Fits SKU8488 almost seamlessly (only the bezel edge is a little to thick, so you can't screw the lens all the way if you leave it unmodified) - Really bright light - No useless strobe- or SOS-modes
    Cons:
    - No mid/low mode, only high - Needs proper heatsinking, since it gets really hot (without heatsinking it's to hot to touch aft...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Fits the 6D Police "Xenon" Flashlight on DX

posted by alexandrusa on 09/26/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    - Fits SKU8488 almost seamlessly (only the bezel edge is a little to thick, so you can't screw the lens all the way if you leave it unmodified) - Really bright light - No useless strobe- or SOS-modes
    Cons:
    - No mid/low mode, only high - Needs proper heatsinking, since it gets really hot (without heatsinking it's to hot to touch af...
    View Detail » 
    • Ease Of Use: 3
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    SSC P7-C 2800mA

posted by unrealspeed on 12/23/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Novice  (still getting used to it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Bought this drop-in because I wanted more power from my magl_ite, after a bit of fiddling I got a flashlight that was much stronger, like 9 times stronger. kicks all other flashlights I have seen except 5XCree but of course it has 1200lumens. This P7 drop-i...
    Cons:
    This drop-in is not made for Magle-ite so you have to file down the reflector a few mm. and mod the springs included in this ...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    WOW bright.... great deal.

posted by inzane747 on 12/18/2010 Certified Owner

Pros:
    all the goodies in one package do not have to assemble wide operating voltage
    Cons:
    delicate reflector surface hot spot a tad tight for my intended purpose no 3 mode driver available... lo - med - hi.... come...
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Excelent Module

posted by Polara on 12/08/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    Solid building, good soldering and nice matching of the emitter and the reflector. Better than shown in the pictures. Nice light pattern, strong thrower and adequate flood.
    Cons:
    Poor packaging. The zip bag is so thin that it´s almost a miracle the module has arrived working. Many scratches inside the ref...
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    All in one, a great buy for MagCharger too!

posted by DealHQ on 09/10/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    Very good build quality, just the right diameter for D-cell MagLites (possibly C-cell too, haven't tried), a complete drop-in package with minimal fitting for many flashlights.
    Cons:
    The price is a bit on the high side, although justifiable for those who can't be bothered or don't know how to combine driver, ...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Excellent!

posted by klacirtg on 04/28/2010 Certified Owner

Pros:
    This is a nice compact drop-in module. Very esay to use, good built. I put it in an older German torch which had halogen bulb. I just replaced the old plastic relfector and the SSC-P7 led immediately light on with a very nice spot and all the same throw lig...
    Cons:
    There is not much to say against this module.
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Works pretty good, modded for 6C M@g. ~400-500 lms

posted by dx007 on 04/25/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    Complete drop in package, no need to gather all the parts. Reflector is solid aluminium, with a good amount of screwed on contact with the heat sink. This is a good thing, the reflector gets hot too after a few minutes of usage. The soldering job was bett...
    Cons:
    Lumen - Not sure if it's the driver, or more likely the emitter is a low bin one. Comparing this to my 700 lumen and 160 lumen ...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    very good

posted by satmatrix on 12/31/2009 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    I have it some days and it is perfect. I take it to put in a MAGLITE 3C and its exactly its size for it. But i will prefer to use it with 3 18650 i dont know if it will be destroy
    Cons:
    Anyway it is very bright but with two 18650 finish very soon the batteries.I would like a opinion how can i use 3 18650 mayb...
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 2
Go to Page:

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections