DX  » Community » Reviews » Cree R2-WC 250-Lumen 5-Mode Memory Drop-in LED Module for Flashlights (3.6V~8.4V)
Sort by:
14 Reviews SEARCH
  • 5 Star:365 (36%)
  • 4 Star:649 (64%)
  • 3 Star:00 (0%)
  • 2 Star:00 (0%)
  • 1 Star:00 (0%)

write a review, and get DXPoints

100% of customers would recommend this product to a friend.

• Overall Rating: 4
    • Price: 4
    • Quality: 2
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good at first...

posted by PiperCub49 on 11/22/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    This lamp is versatile with all of the settings. I was pleasantly surprised with the usefulness of the lowest light setting.
    Cons:
    The light soon quite after using it for a few minutes. I used it on-and-off several times and then shut the light off for quit...
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Very good light

posted by Juanako on 04/23/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    I buy this module for my Ultrafire 6P torch and works better than the oem one. The 5 modes works ok, the change time between modes is very fast. The build quality is ok. The light is very concentrate in the middle so you can have light very far, more than t...
    Cons:
    It can be cheaper. I think that it has more modes that you can use but it isn't a problem.
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 5
    • Usefulness: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Value for money

posted by wijawara on 10/28/2009 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:less than 1 day

Pros:
    -good aluminium construction -slightly heavier than expected -gold plated springs -secondary spring can be taken (or cut) out to fit surefire g2. -brighter than my original surefire p60 -cheaper than original LED replacement
    Cons:
    -not impact resistant -steoped working for 10 seconds -need to wipe clean -need to remove label -very slight purpleish tin...
    View Detail » 
    • Usefulness: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Value for money

posted by wijawara on 10/28/2009 Certified Owner

Pros:
    -good aluminium construction -slightly heavier than expected -gold plated springs -secondary spring can be taken (or cut) out to fit surefire g2. -brighter than my original surefire p60 -cheaper than original LED replacement
    Cons:
    -not impact resistant -steoped working for 10 seconds -need to wipe clean -need to remove label -very slight purpleish tin...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 5
    • Ease Of Use: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    very bright light

posted by lasermanathome on 10/10/2009 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    A good unit to fit in the surefire. Powermodes are handy. After refocussing a nice throw. No heat-dissipation troubles. Usable for many things like bikelight, in cars, boats and even home, to build your own led-moneysaving-lightsystems. In that case, r...
    Cons:
    The lightoutput is, when used 2X CR 123 MUCH HIGHER than with one 18650 or 17670, the driver is not indifferent for changing v...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    SMO Thrower, Superbright Brand

posted by ea88k on 04/15/2009 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Mine comes with an almost SMO reflector that throws a lot further than sku 11074. A good thrower but comes with the price of artifacts AKA ringy. But hey, I love tight spots than floody beams. Also, this drop-in is now a Superbright brand, and not Solarf...
    Cons:
    Ringy beam.
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 5
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    this unit for Surefire M2

posted by ducn50 on 11/03/2008 Certified Owner

Pros:
    This unit is fitted perfect on my Surefire M2 , it is OP and bright in center , i use it with my rechargeable lith ion thrustfire, It got warm after 20 minutes.
    Cons:
    I got this item 6 hour ago, I tested it on my M2 and it got warm after 20 minutes, I did not have a chance to let it stay on fo...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    good for caving and tests

posted by Brontoled on 10/24/2008 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    good bright , white and clear beam.
    Cons:
    only usefull 3 modes , strobe (for night clubbers) and sos is gadget. 3.6 volt is to low to drive it. use only drive at minimum...
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    It's definately not as ugly as that picture

posted by jondoe2003 on 09/23/2008 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Very bright Memory mode works Low mode is still EXTREMELY useful NO artifacts. Maybe I just got lucky with that, though. Great throw
    Cons:
    Hot spot sure is tight SOS is kinda useless, but its not a hassle to pass by Too big to fit my non-DX flashlights(Not sure abou...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    I mounted this in an Electra LED Bullet Headlight

posted by paulrichardson on 09/20/2008 Certified Owner

Pros:
    BRIGHT! I'm happy using this as a bike light. Nice hotspot and side fill, lights up the path or road.
    Cons:
    Gets a bit hot, so be careful how you mount or use it. I don't mind the extra modes but I run it on high, that's what it's for...
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 2
Go to Page:

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections