DX  » Community » Reviews » Cree R2-WC 250-Lumen 5-Mode Memory Drop-in LED Module for Flashlights (3.6V~8.4V)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 5
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 4
GREAT module!! – Cree R2-WC 250-Lumen 5-Mode Memory Drop-in LED Module for Flashlights (3.6V~8.4V) Reviews

posted by kramer5150 on 08/19/2008 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
-Inexpensive
-Simple User interface and easy to use.
-Memory works GREAT to recall the last mode used.
-Drops right into a SF-6P with GOOD heatsinking abilities.
-Low mode is about 50 Lumens total output and extremely useful to extend run times and drop operating temperatures.
-Med mode is also very useful, slightly less output then high but longer run times.
-High is very similar to my 11836, but a less yellow color tint.
-Color tint does not change with lower modes.
-Runs great with RCR123 cells.
Cons:
-Ringy output against a white wall
-SOS mode is useless and just gets in the way.
-High gets very warm after 6-7 minutes.
-Batteries can briefly disconnect from shock and impact, causing light to switch modes. Because if this, this module should NEVER be used as a firearm tactical light.
-Doesn't have a ~15 Lumen Low-Low mode... something that can run for ~8 hours and not impair night vision.
Other:
-Great module, once you memorize the mode sequence its easy to flip through modes. It really has extended the usefulness of my 6P. I LOVE the 50L low mode for close range applications, and the last mode memory makes it behave a lot more like a single mode than I would have previously thought.
-Whiter tint than my 11836. I don't know if this is the case with all other 11836 modules, but mine has a nice ambient-light-like yellow tint. While the 14442 is a little colder and more on the blue side... without actually being blue.
-Good regulation too.
Bottomline:
-Its a great module that has transformed my 6P by adding lower temperature / longer running low modes, without sacrificing the high output.
-I dont loose any high output going form the 11836 to the 14442.
-Satified completely

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections