DX  » Community » Reviews » Seoul Semiconductors Z-Power LED Emitter (U-bin)
Sort by:
35 Reviews SEARCH
  • 5 Star:7125 (71%)
  • 4 Star:176 (17%)
  • 3 Star:62 (6%)
  • 2 Star:62 (6%)
  • 1 Star:00 (0%)

write a review, and get DXPoints

94% of customers would recommend this product to a friend.

• Overall Rating: 5
    • Price: 5
    • Quality: 5
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great Quality And its U-bin

posted by heng84 on 07/05/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:less than 1 day

Pros:
    Tested it direct driving with 3 x AAA's battery while waiting for my driver to come , im amazed with the brightness even though i measure it only 200ma on tail but its bright, now i just need to wait for my driver to come and proper battery setup will drive...
    Cons:
    Nothing much, i din expect this led emitter to be in such a good quality, as im just using it to replace my cheap china made fl...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Favorit Direct Replacement LED

posted by zippyzappy on 06/26/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Upon visual inspection when recieved, this is a high quality unit. I upgraded my TikkaXP by directly exchanging with the original unit. The P4 is extremely reliable and has just the right color for my outdoor use. I have been using the light regularly in bo...
    Cons:
    Don't assemble in a dirty area. The sticky dome can be cleaned if it gets dirty with some alcohol and a soft cloth. Honestly, y...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great price for some bright LEDs!

posted by Morbius77 on 12/15/2009 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    +Awesome pricing for an LED that can take a pounding! +Very bright, and will last for a LONG time if you drive them with a regulated power supply such as sold here on DX. +Every unit I have received has worked flawlessly to date +junctions are solid, waf...
    Cons:
    -Some of the LEDs are mounted a little crooked on the star PCB. While this does not affect performance of the unit, it does ca...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Star mounted SSC P4 U-bin LED

posted by Black_Rose on 02/28/2009 Certified Owner

Pros:
    - very bright - more than half the cost of other sellers - almost a direct drop-in replacement for star mounted Luxeon I & III LEDs.
    Cons:
    - Only an issue if you are swapping out Luxeon LEDs. The overall height of the LED + star is slightly smaller than an equivale...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Not a bad LED

posted by kuksul08 on 01/05/2009 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Great price, Easy to install (same form factor and optical properties as comparable luxeon emitters so it's an easy upgrade), very bright, efficient (has run for hours on end in a 3AA direct drive headlamp with minimal dimming)
    Cons:
    Gummy dome is kind of weird and collects dust just by looking at it, slight greenish and bluish tint
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Excellent not only for upgrading older lights

posted by Thyra on 12/31/2008 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Bright and good color temperature. Bottom of star PCB is isolated from chip. Excellent for upgrading older lights, because optically compatible with Luxeon III. I have bought ten or more over the last months and was able to upgrade many of my own and my fri...
    Cons:
    Received one of at least ten that I bought, where the bond wires didn't contact the die so the device was lost (obviously by th...
    View Detail » 
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    bright and 120 degree viewing angle

posted by fishmarket on 11/01/2008 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    great price, bright, appears good quality and works well with SKU 3256 driver. Bit of warm one lit up, woa, it's only 29 C though I am not sure what's current from the driver. I used 6 V 400 mA power supply as input to the driver circuit. So with 80% effici...
    Cons:
    order take too long, more than two months. However if you can wait, it's worth it.
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    a fine upgrade from a Luxeon III

posted by isti.242 on 09/08/2008 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    It's an affordable, quite efficient LED with good brightness level. Mine came bubblewrapped with correct polarity indications on it. It has a nice white color.
    Cons:
    Not really.
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Seoul Semiconductors Z-Power LED Emitter (U-bin)

posted by davidin on 06/14/2008 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Ideal para upgradear linteras con leds similares pero menos potentes. Yo por ejemplo lo he usado para dar más luz con un frontal de leds modelo Myo XP de la marca Petzl.
    Cons:
    Hay que tener cuidado al soldar el led, pero en verdad ninguna pega achacable al producto en si.
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Powerfull

posted by isomax on 05/29/2008 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Plenty of light. I have found that the Vf is sorpresively lower than i espected. For the work i have used the two ones i have purchased (a bike, dynamo, powered frontlight), they are perfect.
    Cons:
    The dome is rubber like. Really not a DX con, the units provided by seoul are this like.
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 4
Go to Page:

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections