DX  » Community » Reviews » Measy RC11 2.4GHz Wireless 1000DPI Optical Air Mouse + Keyboard with Smart Android OS (3 x AAA)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 3
  • Price: 4
  • Quality: 4
  • Ease Of Use: 2
  • Usefulness: 3
Good HTPC interface. – Measy RC11 2.4GHz Wireless 1000DPI Optical Air Mouse + Keyboard with Smart Android OS (3 x AAA) Reviews

posted by awhawk on 07/22/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
Got this to replace the bulky wireless keyboard and inconvenient mouse I was using for my HTPC. Is a good, small, lightweight and convenient remote-sized air mouse that is quite intuitive to use (once you get a little bit used to it). Pros: 1. Plug and play in Ubuntu. 2. Easy to use 3. Keys click to give a good feedback as you press the buttons 4. Seems pretty high quality
Cons:
A few things would have made this better. 1. Needs a mousewheel (or at least mousewheel function) as scrolling in a browser is incredibly awkward. You end up pressing "left" which is down, which leads to 2. You have to keep rotating the device 90 degrees when you go between mouse use and keyboard use. 3. Can be difficult to press the mouse button without moving the mouse pointer. Makes it incredibly difficult to click on very small things with any precision.
Other:
Quite nice as a simple point and click device for a HTPC, but can be a bit frustrating at times. I honestly feel that the mouse moving function should require that you hold down a button, thus releasing it would lock it in place and allow for an easier time clicking / double clicking.
Bottomline:
A good buy for use on an HTPC, but be prepared to do some precisions handwork to click on things in a browser.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections