DX  » Community » Reviews » 1.6" Nokia 5110 LCD Module w/ Blue Backlit for Arduino (Works with Official Arduino Boards)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 4
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 5
worth it with minor problems – Arduino Compatible 1.6" Nokia 5110 LCD Module w/ Blue Backlit - Blue Reviews

posted by tricid on 12/11/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
Good little screen Awesome price
Cons:
They look a bit abused. Nothing major, just not perfect. It has minor scratches (including the screen itself) and scrapes and looks like they were just all shoved in a large box unprotected at one time and separated and packaged up individually later on. It's nothing beyond what normal wear and tear would probably cause in a short amount of time though, and not so bad it affects their readability or function
Other:
The pin spacing is perfect for solderless breadboards and the size/build makes it easy to put in a permanent project as well. This gives it the 5 star usability rating for me. With most screens I've messed with it's one or the other. Great on a shield but awkward to mount in a real project, or great on a real project but a pain to experiment with.
Bottomline:
I'll probably buy more when I use these up (I ordered 3). For the price they're definitely worth it.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections