DX  » Community » Reviews » Ultrafire C1 R2-WC 5-Mode Memory 250-LM LED Flashlight with 2*Assault Crowns (2*CR123A/1*18650)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 4
  • Quality: 5
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 5
Reliable flashlight – Ultrafire C1 R2-WC 5-Mode Memory 250-LM LED Flashlight with 2*Assault Crowns (2*CR123A/1*18650) Reviews

posted by Norad2000x on 10/18/2008 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
Blindly bright and decently white light.
Decent spill around surroundings and very tight hotspot to illuminate far objects
Strobe's good for annoying/disorienting. You can stand the light on the assault crown and use strobe as a beacon.
Tailstands easily (at least mine does after I removed the useless wriststrap)
Good battery life...
Cons:
MY CR123 batteries rattled in the casing. Easily fixed by rolling a sheet of paper and using it as a liner within the tubing.
The belt clip is my main gripe. Flipping it around 180° would prevent the assault crown from poking into my sides when worn. It is also relatively easily bendable.
Using the assault crown results in a projection pattern that's rounded triangular. Using the plastic crown results in a slightly round but crowned pattern.
Other:
Battery life test results using 2 fully charged "1000 mAh" CR123 batts (SKU4419)
-55 MINUTES on continuous high before the driver stepped down to medium brightness. The flashlight was warm but still comfortable enough to handle
-10+ HOURS on continuous low. I left the light on overnight and was surprised next morning when it was still operating. Though dimmer than before, it was still very usable- probably around AAA maglite bright.
Works well with the drop-in Xenon bulb (SKU3218) if you want a more traditional, warmer beam. Also works well with the drop-in infrared bulb (SKU12625) if you need night vision illumination.
Didn't like the effect when used with the convex lens (SKU5297). The resulting beam is too uneven.
Uses 28mm O-rings around the lens.
Bottomline:
Great flashlight for work, daily use, hiking, etc. Buy two packs of rechargeables and a charger, and you'll probably be set for anything.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections