DX  » Community » Reviews » Ultrafire C1 R2-WC 5-Mode Memory 250-LM LED Flashlight with 2*Assault Crowns (2*CR123A/1*18650)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 4
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 5
Nice light, nice price – Ultrafire C1 R2-WC 5-Mode Memory 250-LM LED Flashlight with 2*Assault Crowns (2*CR123A/1*18650) Reviews

posted by cnbmisis on 09/17/2009 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
This light replaced a lost surefire :( and has made me very happy to enter the world of LED emitters :) Well worth the wait for delivery. Everything works perfectly with no modifications. The clicky is responsive, and the mode changes are easily accomplished. Mode memory works. Strobe is effective. Throw is very even, with little patterning, a nice, even hotspot and good halo. Bezel ring resists rolling, removeable clip is solid.
Cons:
Clip is a little wobbly without some added padding. Tailcap must be securely tightened, or mode can cycle with clicky actuation. Lens is not protected by any insulation, so could be subject to breakage with a hard drop (but has held up with a number of drops on mine). Threads should be oiled/greased for smoother operation.
Other:
I am operating this with two Trustfire 16340 rechargeables, and get a good couple hours of continuous light until battery protection kicks in. Have not tested runtime with primaries, but imagine it would be many hours total before going undervoltage.
Bottomline:
I am solidly in the LED camp now. This light performs similarly to a name brand rated at 120 lumens. The spot on this light is smaller, and somewhat blue, but not too a degree of concern. I look forward to trying another LED from DX once I decide on the next step up.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections