DX  » Community » Reviews » 10.1" IPS Screen Android 4.0 Tablet w/ Dual Core / HDMI / Bluetooth / Dual Camera – Silver (32GB)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 4
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 5
great tablet! – 10.1" IPS Screen Android 4.0 Tablet w/ Dual Core / HDMI / Bluetooth / Dual Camera – Silver (32GB) Reviews

posted by matrix-neo on 11/05/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
-excellent wide angle lcd screen, hi res 1280 x 800 gives crisp pictures and videos -very fast dual core cpu(RK3066) and graphics(quad core Mali400 although each core maybe running at around 250mhz which is at the lower end) -fastest booting android device i've had, period! it's like 25 secs from power button to homepage, compared to around 40-50 sec for other tablets, i find myself grabbing this tablet mostly instead of my laptop when i need to check my email or do a quick search online -proper bluetooth built in! -good battery life, i get at least 1 hour of wifi browsing for around 12% battery life -thin and light tablet -back cover is aluminium, it's a rather thin cover but still metal -wifi has ok range and it doesn't drop out every 10 minutes like some other tablets!
Cons:
there are 2 minor gripes i have, first is the screen is nice but it has some screen bleed on bottom right, only noticeable on black screens, whilst browsing or watching movies you can't see it unless the photo/video is totally black on the edges, the other thing is there is no charge screen, when you turn it off and plug in charger the tablet turns on to charge, no simple charge icon like 90% of other gadgets! no big deal as it just means charging takes a little longer, the large battery takes over 5 hours to charge anyway, 1hr more or less is ok(tablet in sleep mode) speaking of which, whilst tablet is in sleep mode there is no led to tell you it's on! plus in sleep the screen will periodically turn itself on and then off, the time depends on the display timeout delay in settings, strange! maybe instead of the power/sleep led they decided to turn the screen on/off!
Other:
well, like most people i bought this for the fast cpu, and it's very fast, wipes the floor with most of the samsung galaxy tabs and htc phones, from memory the nenamark 2 gets around 56fps, graphically intense games are smooth no problem, also this tablet has the speakers on the front instead of the back, you get a little louder sound volume, also there is no reset button, if the tablet hangs(98% of the time because of that crappy homepage launcher Go launcher) you just hold the power button for 10 secs and it turns off
Bottomline:
it's a good fast tablet with decent battery life and thin/light so it's easy to hold, the screen is HD but isn't perfect but for around half the price of similar big brand tablets, but i also get to keep a lot of cash in my wallet for other nice things!

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections