DX  » Community » Reviews » Digital LCD Indoor/Outdoor Humidity/Hygrometer and Thermometer
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 4
  • Price: 2
  • Quality: 4
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 5
Good once tweaked – Digital LCD Indoor/Outdoor Humidity/Hygrometer and Thermometer Reviews

posted by tremodian on 10/13/2008 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
- Once tweaked (see below) works without issue
- Accurate to within 0.5 C
- Switch-able between Celsius and Fahrenheit (but who uses Fahrenheit anyway!)
- Displays relative humidity
- Min and Max readings can be set to trigger an alarm
- Has external sensor
- Displays external, internal temperature and humidity at the same time
Cons:
When I first put a battery into the device the display was fragmented as if some of the LCD elements were not being displayed correctly. Unfortunately it was not a consistent effect. After opening it and taking it apart I saw that too much pressure was being applied between the PCB pads and the connector strip of the LCD. Leaving off one of the screws fixed the display issues and it has worked without issue ever since.
Other:
- Not sure how accurate the relative humidity readings are as I do not have another device to compare it against. The sensor for relative humidity is a 1cm square board with two tracks etched into it separated by a millimetre (like a keyboard switch) and it appears to measure the relative resistance between the two tracks.
Bottomline:
- Once tweaked functions great and priced well given what it does.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections