DX  » Community » Reviews » Wii WiiChuck Nunchuck Adapter for Arduino (Works with Official Arduino Boards)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 4
  • Quality: 5
  • Ease Of Use: 4
  • Usefulness: 5
perfect adapter – Wii WiiChuck Nunchuck Adapter for Arduino (Works with Official Arduino Boards) Reviews

posted by marcelo123 on 05/26/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
Works perfect. As allways there are not instructions. I made it work my Arduino nano 3.0 y I will tell you some hints: (1) About de Pins : Pin "+": connect to 3.3v ( it seems to work with 5v too ), Pin "-": Connect to ground, Pin "d"(data): connect to pin 4 of the Arduino, Pin "c"(clock): connect to pin 5 of the Arduino. OBS: Pins 4 and 5 of Arduino are special. They are used by de I2C protocol of the "Wire" library.
Cons:
none
Other:
(Hint 2) About the code : The "inicialization" rutine is diferent for original Nunchuk and the alternative Nunchucks: The following are routines inside the .h routine (ex. "wiichuck.h") (2.1) Inicialization for Original Nunchuck : void nunchuck_init() { Wire.begin(); // join i2c bus as master Wire.beginTransmission(0x52); // transmit to device 0x52 Wire.write(0x40); // sends memory address Wire.write(0x00); // sends sent a zero. Wire.endTransmission(); // stop transmitting } (2.2) Inicialization for Alterntive Nunchuks: ( http://playground.arduino.cc/Main/WiiChuckClass ) void nunchuck_init() { Wire.begin(); Wire.beginTransmission(0x52); Wire.write(0xF0); Wire.write(0x55); Wire.endTransmission(); delay(1); Wire.beginTransmission(0x52); Wire.write(0xFB); Wire.write((uint8_t)0x00); Wire.endTransmission(); }
Bottomline:
I recommned it

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections