DX  » Community » Reviews » Mini X Android 4.0 Network Media Player w/ Wi-Fi / Dual USB / TF / HDMI / AV - Black (4GB / 1GB RAM)
Sort by:
20 Reviews SEARCH
  • 5 Star:5511 (55%)
  • 4 Star:459 (45%)
  • 3 Star:00 (0%)
  • 2 Star:00 (0%)
  • 1 Star:00 (0%)

write a review, and get DXPoints

100% of customers would recommend this product to a friend.

• Overall Rating: 5
    • Price: 5
    • Quality: 5
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Overheating Problem Solution for Media Player

posted by visvesvaran on 09/28/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Easy to use. Great device at a good price. It is a PC on the HDTV. Good operating system and FAST! A lot of Apps and you can them. Wi-Fi is its best feature.
    Cons:
    The problem with this device is there are no heat sinks because of its small size. When the unit gets hot it hangs up and will ...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    • Quality: 4
    • Usefulness: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    could be better

posted by vadrian on 06/19/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    looks very nice, very easy to use home launcher. come with some basic apps. very nice as a android based computer.
    Cons:
    not that strong on computing, not that fast. installed XBMC (the reason why i bought this device), but it does not work very we...
    View Detail » 
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    My Second Android Media Player

posted by BikerMike on 05/23/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    After having the Media Player SKU154597 for sometime, I wanted to give this model a try, especially because it has two USB Connectors. I came very well packed, but not even an instruction manual was included, probably would have been pretty useless if there...
    Cons:
    As many previous owners have remarked, the Device can get very hot, well that is hardly surprising when the air ventilation hol...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    AWESOME !!!

posted by aardid on 04/08/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Fast, Easy, Cheap. HDMI output/Cable, remote control, usb to connect mouse/keyboard. Wifi, etc. The android version works very very fast. And have official android market / play store. The movies play very fast without any lag. I test with tv shows and movi...
    Cons:
    It has a/v output but has NOT the a/v cable. The tv/custom launcher is not perfect, but is good
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Better than a smart TV

posted by oortiz on 03/05/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    Good price Very small easy to setup intuitive operation
    Cons:
    During operation the box is VERY hot, I am afraid it could damage teh components in the long term. At the beggining I had som...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Turned my TV to Smart TV

posted by tiofab on 02/16/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Works with Android 4. Any application for Android 4 works on TV. I installed Angry Birds! Pretty cool! Now assito movies and also hear the songs that are in MP3 Pen Drive. I installed apps, video games, web TV, web radio, office app ... My TV now has more f...
    Cons:
    Not so simple to control everything by remote control. I installed a kit with wireless keyboard and mouse. There was perfect!
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great product. Great price.

posted by r0ck5 on 01/25/2013 Certified Owner

Pros:
    It's really a pc on tv. Ability to view videos in various formats, surf the internet, chat, games, all you get in the store download google play. The remote control is very useful. Being quite small, does not occupy space. The USB ports are very useful.
    Cons:
    Over time, it gets a little hot, but it should be normal.
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Excelent solution for cheap media player

posted by luiz999 on 01/08/2013 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Excelent device. Plays almost all video formats like .avi .mp4 .mkv .ogg, netflix, youtube etc. It's easy to use and very intuitive. It has many languajes and can be connected to the HDMI port without problems. I use a wireless keyboard and mouse and my TV ...
    Cons:
    I can't make it work with the RCA TV's, is not a big problem because my tv has HDMI but can't be used on older tv's
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good choice for compact media-center

posted by dv78ru on 01/01/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    This small device is a perfect way to avoid bigger dvd-players and even home-PCs as it includes all features required from big PC like internet browsing and media playing, including HD quality.
    Cons:
    Nothing obvious. I wish my package included RCA cable for use with older TVs. Now I have trouble finding suitable one because l...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    A Big Tablet for Media Center

posted by JoRgE1987 on 12/18/2012 Certified Owner

Pros:
    The Size. The Processor. The Android Version. Today is working good with the standar apps like Facebook, Youtube, Gmail, Netflix, etc... I bought a wireless Keyboard+Mouse for use it with this, and it's a good home experience. It's amazing being in your sof...
    Cons:
    The Chinesse applications. The "Patch" for root the device that dosent work. The Wifi antenna is not the best too.
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 2
Go to Page:

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections