Sort by:
8 Reviews SEARCH
  • 5 Star:504 (50%)
  • 4 Star:504 (50%)
  • 3 Star:00 (0%)
  • 2 Star:00 (0%)
  • 1 Star:00 (0%)

write a review, and get DXPoints

100% of customers would recommend this product to a friend.

• Overall Rating: 4
    • Price: 4
    • Quality: 4
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Works well on Linux (Debian)

posted by RubenEs on 11/02/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    It works off the box on my Linux Debian (on Dell Inspiron 500m), no drivers needed. It adds NO space on the laptop's side. It's the best card I have seen in this regard. I have now a mouse and a usb hub connected to it and it is working perfectly.
    Cons:
    Both ports together have not enough power for my hungry external drive, but I believe it is a limitation of the PCMCIA port, no...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great USB card!! True 2.0

posted by 4ltrv1sm0 on 03/23/2011 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Cheap, easy to use (drivers not required under XP), truly 2.0 speed... This card is a very good choice when you need extra USB ports in your notebook. I use it in an old Dell Latitude and works great!! Just plug and play ... instantly I was using them with...
    Cons:
    I can't see anything right now ...
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 5
    • Quality: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Works fine with Windows 2000 and XP

posted by PVMAND on 04/10/2009 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    I have tested this product with different computers, for example old Compaq M300 PII 300Mhz which has XP, works fine. Also with Toshiba Tecra PIII 600Mhz Windows 2000 and newer XP based laptops. This seems to work without any driver CD.
    Cons:
    No problems or cons, I'm very happy with this product. This USB 2.0 card fits completely inside laptop so it can be always fit...
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    simply great and cheap

posted by elwing on 02/19/2009 Certified Owner

Pros:
    - work wonderfully without driver. - delivered with a nice Box, Cd (with the driver for windows 9x) and the additional power cable - works without plugging the additional cable (as long as you do not use device sucking too much power from the USB plug) - fi...
    Cons:
    build quality is not all that great: - mine came a little bit bent (nothing bad trough, it fit my slot just perfectly). - usb p...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Excellent for older notebooks.

posted by obsidianic on 01/02/2009 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    NEC chipset; one of the few cards that only takes up one PC card slot
    Cons:
    Can be a tight fit in some computers, making it difficult to eject. I find it easier to remove when there's a cable attached to...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Compact-ish

posted by ewhobbes on 12/28/2008 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Works with DOS drivers (Panasonic + Motto Hairu). Works without installing additional drivers in Win2k. No protruding extensions; fits flush in Cardbus slot.
    Cons:
    Tight fit (both USB and Cardbus connections). Looks like they tried to squeeze every micrometer into the package. I broke the...
    View Detail » 
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Excelent way to expand your USB ports

posted by hgomes on 12/16/2008 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Expands your USB ports using the PCMCIA (PCCARD) interface, that I have never seen someone using. Fits completely inside the computer, even looks like it was there for the whole time.
    Cons:
    A little “chubby”, it stuck inside the laptop and it can be very hard to remove without breaking it, but it is not something yo...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    USB2.0, Does not need USB power

posted by Johpoke on 12/15/2008 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:less than 1 day

Pros:
    - Windows XP: no drivers needed, just put it in and it works. - Does not need to be powered by an existing USB port (read cons & other thoughts) - Does not stick out, so you don't need to remove it when packing down the laptop.
    Cons:
    - The USB ports are not 100% correct dimensions and shape, so it takes some force to push in, and take out devices. (But the de...
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 1
Go to Page:
  • Previous
  • Next

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections