DX  » Community » Reviews » Auto Range Clamp Style Digital Multimeter with Strap (DT3266L+)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 3
  • Price: 4
  • Quality: 3
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 3
Auto Range Clamp Style Digital Multimeter – Auto Range Clamp Style Digital Multimeter with Strap (DT3266L+) Reviews

posted by PauliusB on 03/11/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
It's really cheap. English manual and batteries included. Probes are reasonable for such price. Overall case built quality is good. Case is sturdy and doesn't feel cheap. LCD is bright and big enough. There is a HOLD button, witch is really handy. Resistance matter is really accurate; it shows the same as my Fluke does in same mattering ranges.
Cons:
Accuracy is pretty horrible. You can not trust this clam matter at all, even measuring voltages. On AC scale you usuallly get +/- 4V error. On DC scale - +/- 2V error. Current matter shows nonsense really. When measuring mine flat power input, I get ~3A, even when washing machine (>1kW), TV, PC and electrical kettle (>2kW) is on. Live wire indicator ("LIGHT" LED) is useless too: it doesn't show witch power line is live, only shows that there are power in the line.
Other:
Matters casing is welded together, so you can not take it apart. This way internal construction is totally unknown. Maybe it could be re-calibrated or fixed for more accurate measurement.
Bottomline:
Well, this matter is only suitable for inaccurate measurements, for example, if you just want to check if the is voltage and current in the power line or to measure power cable resistance. I you want to get accurate reading, you should by more expensive branded clam matter.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections