DX  » Community » Reviews » UltraFire WF-606A Cree Q5-WC 230-Lumen LED Flashlight with Extension Tube (1*CR2/2*AA)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 4
  • Price: 3
  • Quality: 5
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 5
Awesome power packed light – UltraFire WF-606A Cree Q5-WC 230-Lumen LED Flashlight with Extension Tube (1*CR2/2*AA) Reviews

posted by duckyyy on 09/22/2008 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
First cree flashlight, and its awesome, it literally destroys my other 3 watt led flashlight. This cree emitter is just crazy. bought it to use for my place off campus, as I park in the Forrest and have to walk to the house, its pitch black, but this lights up everything, my mag lights do not even compare. even the huge d battery one. This baby has good spill and a good throw, unlike my other one which was just a focused thrower. You can see the beam in the sky at night.
Cons:
Its kinda expensive for a flashlight, I dont remember spending twenty something on a flashlight, maybe the big mag light but I dont remember the exact price.
hard to use up close as it so powerful, in these cases point it a bit away and use the spill light to do things like reading.
lens cap threads were not oiled, but back switch was.
You cannot tail stand with this as switch protrudes as well as the lanyard.
Other:
Its pretty awesome, same size as a mini mag light, the the brightness is scary for something this small. Really quite useful to just throw it in your car. Wish the attack crown was bigger so you can use it to attack someone or read when you have the light on a table.
Bottomline:
really good, get it. some have complained that switch was sensitive to turning off when light is on. a sensitive switch like this is useful when manually signally by light with Morse code as you do not need to fully depress it to turn light off.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections