DX  » Community » Reviews » GPS External Digital Antenna with MMCX Connector and 3-Meter Cable (1.5Ghz)
Sort by:
11 Reviews SEARCH
  • 5 Star:647 (64%)
  • 4 Star:364 (36%)
  • 3 Star:00 (0%)
  • 2 Star:00 (0%)
  • 1 Star:00 (0%)

write a review, and get DXPoints

100% of customers would recommend this product to a friend.

• Overall Rating: 5
    • Price: 5
    • Quality: 5
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Excellent working external GPS antenna

posted by superboer12 on 08/15/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Very good priced GPS antenna. Just unpack and plug it onto your GPS receiver. Reception is good. I didn't measure the reception but combined with a decent GPS chip I got fast fixes and also decent indoor reception. Very handy to keep your electronics indoor...
    Cons:
    Cable is a bit long; could be shorter for me as it would be easier in use and decrease cable losses.
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 4
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Buy It~Worth every penny!

posted by Altanimator on 10/05/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    -MMCX connector. -Plug and wait for approx. 32 sec to 3 Mins. for 3D GPS location on PDA Asus P320 in a Cloudy Day (internal Antenna nothing without A-GPS). -Magnetic Base, can be put anywhere (on your car, bike, ship, etc).
    Cons:
    -Just the black tape on the cable towards the connector, nothing to worry about.
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Works great !

posted by doggy2 on 10/31/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Great product. This GPS receiver is compatible with a Cartrek 600 navigation system. It is working fine for more than half a year now in a Renault Megane Scenic with a shielded windscreen. Cable is long enough to install the receiver under the hood next to...
    Cons:
    The cable could be more flexible, for earier installation.
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Perfect if you have windshield-heating

posted by bebob4u on 08/21/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    I am driving a Ford Mondeo which has heating in the front windshield which blocks GPS signals (or at least weakens them a lot). Connecting this antenna to my GPS receiver really solves this issue. I always get more then enough satellites and even in very to...
    Cons:
    Haven't found any yet; it just works!
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    • Price: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Works flawlessly

posted by cruelty on 07/22/2010 Certified Owner

Pros:
    I drive a car with a head reflecting tempered glass, which blocks gps signals from reaching my TomTom. Since the TomTom has a MCX connector i figured i would order this receiver and solder on an other connector. This went with ease, and the Tomtom works per...
    Cons:
    None really.
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good and cheap

posted by wsillas on 04/08/2010 Certified Owner

Pros:
    This GPS antenna does exactly what it is supposed to do. I use it with a GAMIN NUVI 610 and the reception is very good. Better than with the internal antenna. The cost/benefit is very good with this product! If you need to place the antenna far this is the ...
    Cons:
    Not really a con but the connector did not fit my GPS, since I didn’t know how to determine wich was the right connector I just...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    First Impression

posted by ASTRALiENS on 01/26/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    Tiny MMCX connector is good quality. Connects strongly with my Asus P535. Very long cable (at least 3m) is very slim and "strong". Can be easily hidden anywhere.
    Cons:
    Have a strong magnet which can be mounted to any metal surface in the car or other place. frequency : 1575.42MHz voltage: 3.0...
    View Detail » 
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    great price not passive

posted by riskinhos on 07/18/2009 Certified Owner

Pros:
    it's an external active GPS antenna with a MMCX connector. Great for improving GPS receivers signal. And really great price. It's small and light you can carry it on your pocket.
    Cons:
    no instructions no much info. but there isn't much to say.
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Required for many cars

posted by daveatdx on 04/05/2009 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Lets my GPS work in the car. Magnet makes for easy mounting. Cable is long enough that I can get it tucked away and just leave the whole lot in place.
    Cons:
    Nothing for me.
    View Detail » 
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Nice quality at great price.

posted by billho1292 on 03/06/2009 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Strong magnet base. Fits perfectly with my V7 NAV740 (Altina A800/A850) GPS. Boost GPS reception signal significantly. Works even inside building. Extra long cable for flexible placement.
    Cons:
    The wire is rather stiff making it difficult to handle. You'll have to roll it up and double wire-tie it. The stiffness of the ...
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 2
Go to Page:

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections