DX  » Community » Reviews » 3.5mm+2.5mm Handsfree Earphone for Motorola Walkie Talkies (1.4-Meter Cable)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 4
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 4
  • Ease Of Use: 4
  • Usefulness: 4
Excellent for price – 3.5mm+2.5mm Handsfree Earphone for Motorola Walkie Talkies (1.4-Meter Cable) Reviews

posted by zaneszoo on 11/05/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
Fits Motorolla CLS1413 Business Radio. Pins are 5/16" (8 mm) apart. Comfortable over-the-ear design. Earbud just rests in outer ear. So much cheaper than the Motorola brand. Perfect for having your own headset when sharing radios with co-workers.
Cons:
No clip along wire to help guide wire in the path you would like it to go. I clip the mic box under the collar of my shirt and run the main wire under my collar to the back of my neck and like to have a clip there to keep the wire under my collar. (rest of wire hangs loosely down my back to the radio). This way, from the front, people only see the mic and the wire running up to the ear. Clip on wire box is rather strong/stiff. Mic button is stiff so requires too much effort and accuracy to push. Back-of-ear piece is split open and if you tug on the wire, it slips out. It easily pushes back in so not a real problem.
Other:
Sound quality of speaker is OK. Seems to have more bass in the tone than the original Motorola set. Wire does not feel the heaviest/best quality.
Bottomline:
Really, for the price, these are fantastic.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections