DX  » Community » Reviews » RGB Multicolored 1-Meter 30-LED 6W Light Strip with Remote Controller (DC 12V)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 4
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 4
  • Ease Of Use: 4
  • Usefulness: 4
Works GREAT for my car!! – RGB Multicolored 1-Meter 30-LED 6W Light Strip with Remote Controller (DC 12V) Reviews

posted by Elecy on 04/13/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
Fairly bright for their size! Almost too bright for not wanting the cops to see any lights (apparently it can be illegal to have any lights installed 'inside' your car even). You can cut the strips ever few inches for seperating, this is great! converter box takes care of making sure any voltage spikes in a car electrical system doesnt fry your lights! Tape backing if you want to stick em (but i used zip ties)
Cons:
I REALLY wish you could set the brightness while it was on its phasing routine. You can only set the brightness when you have it set on a single specific color (one of the 7) but if you switch it to color flashing/phasing mode, it uses full bright. Kind of a bummer :( Kind of wish the control box used RF or had a little longer wire for the IR sensor, as I mounted this box UNDER My dash, you have reach down near your feet with the remote to get it to pick up most button presses. Also the remote is a little vague, with some trial and error you can figure it out, but a little labeling on the remote could solve this.
Other:
This was a great gadget for what i was after. Originally a few years ago i would have gone cathode.. But at this point These work just as good in my opinion and you can aim these.. I aim these down from under the dash at the feet. Althought a bit bright on full, its perfectly exactly what i expected! I just wish the box has a few other features (dimming during color phasing, and maybe even sound activiated pulsing)
Bottomline:
I put these in my 02' accord. I used some quick splices onto the glovebox light cables, so these lights only come on when the glovebox light would normally come on (i.e. when i turn the headlights on, i.e. at night only! perfect!) I haven't had any issues with power spikes yet or any shorts. I dont have any inline fuse or anything. It works perfectly fine on car! No issues! Get a set, they are GREAT for 25 bucks!

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections