DX  » Community » Reviews » AA-Battery USB Emergency Backup Power and Charger Pack
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 4
  • Price: 4
  • Quality: 5
  • Ease Of Use: 4
  • Usefulness: 5
AA-Battery USB Emergency Backup Power – AA-Battery USB Emergency Backup Power and Charger Pack Reviews

posted by Advante on 02/06/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
Wonderful product. Now I've not used this to charge any batteries yet but as a backup power pack it works flawlessly. It is well-built and well-sized. You know those poorly-made products that has undersized battery compartments? This is nothing like that. Overall great product.
Cons:
There is a screwhole on the cover but strangely it doesn't come with screws. It's designed to secure the cover when closed and is necessary because frankly the clip doesn't hold the cover very tightly. Anyway, I found a suitable screw and drove it in, no more worries about batteries falling out!
Oh yes, another thing is the female USB connector - currently the metal part is exposed and can scratch you or your bag and stuff. They should've chosen the enclosed version of connector instead.
Other:
An earlier reviewer mentioned the poor soldering and gluing of the connections. Mine has nothing of that. Seems like they've improve on the process or maybe DX has sourced for a better supplier. Nice!
Bottomline:
Convenient.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections