Good price, reasonable quality – USB AVR ISP AVRISP Programmer Reviews
posted by santigomez on 12/12/2012
Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week
- Cheap price
- Small, portable.
- Suitable for laptops
- 2 LED, power ( blue) & data ( yellow)
- 30 cm cable is too short unless you use regularly a laptop.
- To be confirmed, seems not working on AVR studio 6, but works in avrstudio 4.
- No documentation or manual ( nice to have a sheet for getting started)
- Strength could be improved ( sems a bit weak)
- After pluggin on USB port, does not recognizes the device inmediately, unless you download the Prolific chip driver . If you use W7 this can be downloaded from Prolific website.
- Once you have the Prolific drive, it is recognized as STK500 in ISP mode.
- Does not deliver 5V to the target board.
- Would be nice to have 6 pin ISP adaptor included.
- Get a USB Male-Female extension if you're going to use a desktop computer
- Not bad. More than enough for AVR programming hobbiest .
Note:Stock and Availability shown on this site is for your reference only. While
we strive to provide the most accurate and timely stock and availability information,
availability information may become out of date and may change between the time
you added an item to cart and the time your order is received.
Quantities on clearance items are limited. Prices are current at time of posting. DX Reserves the right to change prices at any time without notice.