DX  » Community » Reviews » Hobbywing 5V/6V 3A Switch-Mode Ultimate BEC (UBEC)
Sort by:
8 Reviews SEARCH
  • 5 Star:625 (62%)
  • 4 Star:383 (38%)
  • 3 Star:00 (0%)
  • 2 Star:00 (0%)
  • 1 Star:00 (0%)

write a review, and get DXPoints

100% of customers would recommend this product to a friend.

• Overall Rating: 5
    • Price: 5
    • Quality: 4
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Small but powerful powersupply for servos

posted by LcNessie on 08/14/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    - Small, you can pretty much tuck it away in any corner. - Quite powerful, can handle a strong single servo with ease, good for 1/10th scale electric buggies. Will probably handle two strong servos as well. - Cheap as chips... Comparable items go for double...
    Cons:
    - It's a necessary evil... If only the internal BEC of the electronic speed controller was powerful enough, this UBEC wouldn't ...
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    • Quality: 3
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Revierse polarity

posted by matthewgouge1 on 07/16/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    -Small and lightweight - 5.18v output - good quality - easy to install -
    Cons:
    polarity was reversed!!! I had to check with a voltmeter, but the voltage was definitely reversed... good thing my equipment ha...
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    A delightful experience

posted by mkniskanen on 05/13/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Does EXACTLY what it promises. * It is very, very tiny and lightweight * It performs well, the voltage is 5.20V * It is easy to use
    Cons:
    None that I can think of. Well, my problem is that I do not have any compatible connector for 5V output but that is not the fau...
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    One for the plane, one for booster!

posted by ZSimon on 11/16/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    its my 2nd time buying this item, since then, the price dropped :) I used the original to regulate servo ampere and volts. now I bought this 2nd one to connect with the lipo upgrade in my futaba 6EXA and opened the radio to boost it using an SMA converter ...
    Cons:
    none! really, none!
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Verry good BEC

posted by Cereal on 07/12/2011 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Very stable UBEC, it works great and the output is stable even under high load. I'm using it in some hobby projects and its a great tool to have a stable output.
    Cons:
    - gets a bit hot under load - cables connected are a bit small, should be thikker - a better connector would be cool and handy ...
    View Detail » 
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Hobbywing 5V/6V 3A Switch-Mode Ultimate BEC (UBEC)

posted by djarent on 05/07/2010 Certified Owner

Pros:
    The only con I can think of is that there's limited mounting facilities for the unit. The whole thing is enclosed in a plastic sleeve. Oh, yeah, and it's a good hobby shop price but, maybe a little expensive for a DX item.
    Cons:
    This small little DC/DC converter solves the power loss/heat problems associated with a resistor or series pass type voltage re...
    View Detail » 
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    5v/6v 3A Switch-Mode Ultimate BEC (UBEC):

posted by djarent on 10/09/2009 Certified Owner

Pros:
    This small little DC/DC converter solves the power loss/heat problems associated with a resistor or series pass type voltage regulator. My use is to drop a 12V battery on my scooter down to about 4V to light a white LED for use as the headlight. My curren...
    Cons:
    Cons: The only con I can think of is that there's limited mounting facilities for the unit. The whole thing is enclosed in a p...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Handy Little Item

posted by Crashsite on 03/05/2009 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    This small little DC/DC converter solves the power loss/heat problems associated with a resistor or series pass type voltage regulator. My use is to drop a 12V battery on my scooter down to about 4V to light a white LED for use as the headlight. My curren...
    Cons:
    The only con I can think of is that there's limited mounting facilities for the unit. The whole thing is enclosed in a plastic...
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 1
Go to Page:
  • Previous
  • Next

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections