DX  » Community » Reviews » Uni-t UT203 Digital Clamp Multimeter (AC/DC 600V 400A Max)
Sort by:
21 Reviews SEARCH
  • 5 Star:8618 (86%)
  • 4 Star:143 (14%)
  • 3 Star:00 (0%)
  • 2 Star:00 (0%)
  • 1 Star:00 (0%)

write a review, and get DXPoints

100% of customers would recommend this product to a friend.

• Overall Rating: 5
    • Price: 5
    • Quality: 4
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Very nice multimeter

posted by fafabien31 on 06/24/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Very nice item. The range is semi auto, because you must switch between AC or DC with the blue button. But it's fast and easy to swith. "Hold" fonction good. "Rel Delta" this function is very pratic, for check the delta - or + The prec...
    Cons:
    Maybe a cheap case. I hope I'm not going to drop^^ The test probe are also fragile.
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Nice Clamp meter

posted by Dreamman65 on 02/09/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Nice, decent and accurate meter. Comes complete with probes to measure voltages, resistance, diode voltages. Also has a wrist wrap included and a manual. Big Pro is that it can measure DC currents aswell.
    Cons:
    Not so sensitive in the lower DC current section (10mA step section). It has no backlight, no big issue for this price ;-)
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    very good product, accurate

posted by semir on 01/29/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    measures DC current. it's accurate, it's fast. auto range is very useful because is very fast. I have another branded (and much more expensive, of course) multimeter that is not so fast in switching range. very recommended !
    Cons:
    none I can think of. maybe, shortening delivery time would be appreciated.
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Excellent buy

posted by TerryF on 11/29/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Nice quality in a handy case. More importantly it appears to be quite accurate, reading almost identical readings to a clamp meter twice its cost. It also measures a good range of currents (and voltages), and even ignoring the price is a handy combination o...
    Cons:
    Well it would be great if it were cheaper, as some clamp meters are, but then the quality, accuracy or functionality might be c...
    View Detail » 
    • Ease Of Use: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Invaluable for off-grid!

posted by IvarForkbeard on 10/23/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    I wish I had found this meter when I first went off-grid. It's so great to be able to monitor which wires are carrying which DC loads. I can't believe I tried to get along without it for so long.
    Cons:
    Can't think of any really.
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Best for its price

posted by RALCOM on 07/01/2012 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Great price. Extremely accurate. Good build quality. Very handy y small, you can operate it with one hand. Good test leads.
    Cons:
    It does not have backlit! User manual is chinese.
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Very accurate, easy to use, good value for the money

posted by marsalek on 05/14/2012 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Manual range selection - it enables to measure starting current of the car battery - unlike my previous 250$ expensive professional clamp ammeter, that switches between the ranges so slowly, that the current cannot be measured at all.
    Cons:
    Had to spent 1.5 hrs waiting in a queue to pay for customs, as the price tag looked either untrustworthy (indicated 4.50) or th...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great multimeter

posted by kurri on 12/12/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    -Autoranger: Big plus for me and my non electrician friends. -continuity tester, with beep. -hold function, good for lab work or if taking measurements up somewhere. -cheap clamp meter, also seems to work and measure quite ok. -clamp useful also for grip w...
    Cons:
    -uses 9v battery.
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great Multimeter

posted by bobafet77 on 11/07/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    Works well. Very well built. LCD Backlight would have been nice. Solid protective carry case. Uses 9V battery. Clamp meter that measures DC currents! It's category III up to 300V and category II up to 600V. - Comes with protective bag to store the uni...
    Cons:
    No English Manuel. Too Bad that there is no peak hold.
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Good value, Good performance for the price

posted by Parrotile on 11/03/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    A VERY good price (because of the exchange rate!), and it performs very well. DC clampmeters are usually really expensive (well they are in Australia where EVERYTHING'S expensive), so this was a really good buy!
    Cons:
    LCD Backlight would have been nice, however not a dealbreaker by far. Slight pain having to use the delta key to autozero every...
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 3
Go to Page:

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections