DX  » Community » Reviews » IR 48 LED InfraRed Illumination Light for Night Vision (DC 12V 500mA)
Sort by:
16 Reviews SEARCH
  • 5 Star:6210 (62%)
  • 4 Star:315 (31%)
  • 3 Star:00 (0%)
  • 2 Star:61 (6%)
  • 1 Star:00 (0%)

write a review, and get DXPoints

94% of customers would recommend this product to a friend.

• Overall Rating: 5
    • Price: 5
    • Quality: 5
    • Ease Of Use: 5
    • Usefulness: 5
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great addition to a CCTV security system

posted by fedeluis on 03/16/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Some cameras for CCTV came with infrared ilumination but when there is a lot of space to monitor, the infrared light emmited by the cameras is insuficient. So, buying this item you can augment the infrared light so you will have a better image in the night.
    Cons:
    I have not found any drawbacks in this product. This Works very well and does not need configuration.
    View Detail » 
    • Price: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great product

posted by JanJacobsen on 03/16/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    Easy to mount and use, and works very well. For sure I have given my outdoor camera a boost of light at night, and its great that I dont need to think about switching the unit on and off, it does that automaticly.
    Cons:
    The cabel is very short, and the connector is not water proof as the unit is.
    View Detail » 
    • Ease Of Use: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    V POWERFUL Infra Red Night Vision Light

posted by hemabh on 03/12/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    V POWERFUL Infra Red Night Vision Light. Illuminates nearly 10 metres distance. I use it very regularly for indoor & outdoor usage. With My Infra Red Night Vision Googles & other Night Vision equipment i can easily view things in over 90% dark c...
    Cons:
    V Bulky. Difficult to operate in many conditions due to it's weight. the connection with DC 12V adaptor is a bit loose - so i...
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 4
    • Usefulness: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    An OK product but don't expect daylight

posted by robbage on 01/31/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Very easy to use. Uses a lot less than the 500 milliamps quoted in the specifications. Very easy to mount on a wall and plug power in. Suitable for a front door camera if it's out of the weather.
    Cons:
    There is some visible light emitted which is noticeable in the dark, so not much good for covert illumination.
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    • Ease Of Use: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great IR light for certain areas

posted by joosth84 on 01/30/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
    Works as advertised, usefull for camera's without IR filters and can be used for a small area.
    Cons:
    Very short cable. Because the unit itself is watertight (has prober sealings) the powerplug cord is short. I needed to wire the...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Nice and small 12 V IR light source

posted by mennowo on 12/31/2012 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Works on 12V, gives quite a lot of light. The device is built solidly with a metal case and tough plastic caering the leds. It somes with a light sensor, so only works if there is little visible light. However the cover can be unscrewed and the sensor cover...
    Cons:
    No cons.
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Perfect Buy

posted by nikloscl on 12/18/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
    Cheap, Bright, Robust and good terminations. I bought 3, and all of them works perfect since a little bit more than month A see a similar one in a local store, the cost was about 6 times
    Cons:
    Dont see any cons for the use that i give it. Maybe the lack of power supply. But here sell a perfect one
    View Detail » 
    • Overall Rating: 4
    • Price: 3
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Great add on if you need it...

posted by subgunfun on 11/20/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    Not a bad price for a self contained unit. Built in automatic controls work great. Adds a lot of IR light for camera's sensitive to this wavelength of light. Very heavy duty and feels well built. Not sure if it is very weatherproof though... I only used i...
    Cons:
    Ok, I have several cameras installed around the house. Some have built in IR and they work great. This works great with those...
    View Detail » 
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Awesome product! buy it!

posted by rickmurch on 06/06/2011 Certified Owner

Pros:
    Works perfectly inexpensive great security. has outlasted other devices autoshutoff during daylight easy to setup, just plug in build quality is above normal to almost perfect.
    Cons:
    No cons, all pros if anything it could be a little bigger and a little larger spotlight
    View Detail » 
    • Quality: 4
    2 DXPoints
    earned for this post
    Very bright, looks good

posted by lukasandrysik on 03/30/2011 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
    --> Price. I looked for some IR reflectors at a local store with security equipment and similar devices are there like 10 and more times more expensive! -->Very bright - it can easily light up entire room even with my hand semi-covered. -->Good build qual...
    Cons:
    --> I'm bit worried about lifetime, only time will tell... -->Gets little warm during use but no problem.
    View Detail » 
Page 1 of 2
Go to Page:

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections