DX  » Community » Reviews » IR 48 LED InfraRed Illumination Light for Night Vision (DC 12V 500mA)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 4
  • Price: 4
  • Quality: 5
  • Ease Of Use: 4
  • Usefulness: 4
Great flashlite – IR 48 LED InfraRed Illumination Light for Night Vision (DC 12V 500mA) Reviews

posted by mistraller on 11/05/2008 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:less than 1 day

Pros:
The case is steel, with glass, and feels strong. Front with glass is screwed on top of the case, en contains a watertight O-ring. Cable hole is properly glued on the inside.
The webcam where I bought this thing for, is very sensitive for 850nm light, so I can illuminate my subjects. The case contains a hole for a standard camera mount. Soldering inside looks ok.
Cons:
I tried with several camera's. All camera's see the IR light, but not very good. My sony DCR-SR55 see only a little of the light. Not enough to illuminate something. My Canon Powershot A80 can hardly see the light.
But: the ovislink WL5400CAM is working well with it.
Other:
The leds are switched off if there is normal sunlight. This works well. The flaslight takes about 125mA. (Not as much as 500mA)
It would be nice if a power adapter was included.
Bottomline:
Overall, this flashlight is great value for money, but you should really check if your camera can see the 850nm light.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections