DX  » Community » Reviews » TrustFire TR-801 Cree Q5-WC 5-Mode Memory 230-Lumen LED Flashlight (1*18650)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 5
  • Ease Of Use: 4
  • Usefulness: 5
Great value – TrustFire TR-801 Cree Q5-WC 5-Mode Memory 230-Lumen LED Flashlight (1*18650) Reviews

posted by 1080p on 10/23/2008 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
Functional, powerful, compact, good run time.
Cons:
Does it really need an S.O.S. mode?
Other:
Well finished, needed some vaseline /lube on the threads and O rings, but otherwise a great light. I find that the Medium mode gives almost as much light without the heating up of the head and wasted energy from a hard driven LED emitter.
I would like to see the front piece "sleeve" over an O Ring, and have the reflector retained to the front piece in some way so that the light beam sould be still sealed and adjustable from torch mode to flood mode. This would make the design much more useful. As it is now, I have an additional O ring that I added under the reflector to move the reflector further out from the emitter to provide a bit more floody light beam for night mountain bike riding on single track.
Bottomline:
Just a great value, good solid light, great power supply good, run time.
Buy 3 of them, strap them together, put them on your handle bar, or all on your helmet and go ride at night.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections