DX  » Community » Reviews » Adjustable Universal Bicycle Mount for Cell Phone/GPS/PDA Gadgets
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 4
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 3
  • Ease Of Use: 4
  • Usefulness: 5
Needs some adjustment, otherwise great – Adjustable Universal Bicycle Mount for Cell Phone/GPS/PDA Gadgets Reviews

posted by pablo285 on 05/07/2010

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
+ Great price
+ Holds your phone really tight
Cons:
- It's big and bulky
- Fits only my handlebar even after I removed all the gaskets - does not fit on the stem perpendicular to the handlebar
- As it is supplied the connecting mechanism between the phone part and the handlebar part does not work - the phone part will fall off on the first bump
- The mechanism for setting the phone alignment (side to side and top/bottom) is quite tricky to set up
Other:
I purchased a silicone strap (sku.24369) to hold the two parts of this item together and it works OK, it survied even a dirt road without any noticeable problems. Another solution would be to glue/tape the two parts together but I didn't want that since I will attach my phone to the bike only occasionaly and I don't want to carry the holder on my bike at all times.
Bottomline:
With sku. 24369 definitely a good buy for the price - I use it for GPS navigation and it works beautifully. Hopefully it won't break after a few rides.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections