DX  » Community » Reviews » ONDA V701 7.0" Capacitive Screen Android 4.0.3 Dual Core Tablet PC w/ Wi-Fi / HDMI / Camera - Black
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 5
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 5
Very good device for an awesome price – ONDA V701 7.0" Capacitive Screen Android 4.0.3 Dual Core Tablet PC w/ Wi-Fi / HDMI / Camera - Black Reviews

posted by fabiojve on 11/29/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 day to 1 week

Pros:
Fast CPU (dual core 1.5GHz as advertised) 1Gb of RAM (as advertised) 8Gb of internal memory (appears as an external SD card) Mini HDMI connector enables connecting the tablet to an LCD/Plasma TV SD card slot for flash expansion
Cons:
Only 1Gb of internal flash for applications (ok, you can transfer applications to the SD card) Screen is not IPS (ok for the price) Screen resolution is only 480x764 (according to Quick System Info Pro)
Other:
- GPU is MALI-400MP (not the best, but a good one) - It plays videos very well - It came with several "chinese only" apps and some system messages (at least one, when you disable USB storage) are in chinese - Google play works ok, I could download and install my preferred apps - Battery consumption is ok and the battery lasts for several hours
Bottomline:
It is a very nice tablet. Of course it is not a high end one, but for the price, I think it is far beyond my expectations.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections