DX  » Community » Reviews » Aurora AK-P7-4 HA-III SSC P7-C 2-Mode 900-Lumen LED Flashlight (1*18650)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 4
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 2
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 4
Fantastic! – Aurora AK-P7-4 HA-III SSC P7-C 2-Mode 900-Lumen LED Flashlight (1*18650) Reviews

posted by Stanae86 on 01/26/2009 Certified Owner

Involvement:General (knows how to use it) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
Small, lightweight, bargain price, bright as heck, solid clicky, solid feel, fantastic flood
Cons:
Poor quality assurance: flashlight was delivered with the o-ring for the lens, only halfway in. Wish manufacturers would make a high, low, strobe. Unfortunately, it seems to be that you can only get a 2-mode (high/low) or you have to jump to a 5-mode, and I didn't want that many to go through each time you shut it off. You will need a second light to supplement to get any throw. Slight donut effect up close, but orange peel works well to mask it.
Other:
Somewhat poor build quality: the recessed edge that holds the o-ring for the lens is too big and doesn't allow the o-ring to actually keep moisture out. I removed the o-ring and just sandwiched it between the lens and the reflector and now it should be a water tight fit. Before, in the rain, inside the lens was getting moisture.
Bottomline:
I use this light as a bike light with mount (SKU# 15342) and it's been fantastic. Has the light output of a bicycle light that costs $300-$400. With charger and protected batteries (I got 2 sets totaling 4 batteries) it was only $80). For $100, a bike light will get you only about 15W which is no comparison to this flashlight.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections