DX  » Community » Reviews » Waterproof Night Vision IR 30-LED Camera (NTSC/DC 12V 500mA)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 4
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 5
A excellent night vision camera! – Waterproof Night Vision IR 30-LED Camera (NTSC/DC 12V 500mA) Reviews

posted by alexlfm on 07/31/2010 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
-This camera does an excellent job as a night vision and even a daytime camera. With 30 IR LEDs this camera produces a super bright high quality nighttime image that makes it easy to see who or what is outside and works very well for watching the front walk and driveway at night without a ton of light.
-This camera also functions very well as a daytime camera, although the color is defiantly off and it isn't truly color.
-The quality of the image from this camera is very good. It produces an image that is plenty good enough to read license plates or see peoples faces.
Cons:
-The biggest problem that I have with this camera is not the camera itself, but rather the mounting bracket that it comes with. Unfortunately while you can rotate it and move it up and down, you cant angle the camera from side to side. This required me to bend the bracket slightly because of where I had to install the camera it wasn't a straight, head on view.
-Not really a huge con but it would be nice if it came with a charger as well.
Other:
-This camera is defiantly better for night then SKU 07264 in my opinion for night as it has more LEDs and the CCD seems to produce a better night image. The converse is true though during the day as the other camera does a slightly better job.
-For a power adapter SKU 15989 works great. I wish an adapter was included, but for the price I can understand.
-There is a slight red glow that comes from the camera at night. Not anything major, but a defiantly noticeable.
-I would also recommend using an RJ-45 (ethernet) to BNC and Power adapter with this camera as then you only have to run one cable for power and video to the camera, though you do lose audio.
Bottomline:
This is an excellent choice for anyone looking to add a camera for a little bit extra security, especially for nighttime settings. The 30 IR LEDs produce a good, high quality, bright nighttime image. Use this camera with SKU 15989 for power.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections