DX  » Community » Reviews » E23 Universal Folding Speedlight Softbox - Black (34 x 32 x 22cm)
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 4
  • Quality: 5
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 4
Pretty good softbox but smaller then stated – E23 Universal Folding Speedlight Softbox - Black (34 x 32 x 22cm) Reviews

posted by shpax on 12/23/2012 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
Very good quality Compact and foldable Comes with internal central diffuser Easy to use
Cons:
First of all the stated mesurements are wrong. I fact main diffuser is 21x22cm in size which is far less then 32x34cm. And the size does matter for softer light of course. Outer dimentions by black "flaps" even less then stated, they are 31x32cm.
Other:
So overall about the product - it is good. A bit overprised compared with other compact softboxes like octagon L size. Smaller size then stated means a bit harder still diffused light. So just keep in mind this. for smaller flashes and big objectives this sofbox could obstruct field of view. So keep in mind this too.
Bottomline:
I'd rather trade this one for something bigger for my tasks. But if you plan to shoot smaller objects it will work fine. This will work for reportage too giving much softer and directed light source then naked flash.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections