DX  » Community » Reviews » DIGITA Nikon EN-EL14+ Replacement 7.4V "1030mAh" Fully Decoded Battery for Nikon D5100 - Black
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 5
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 5
Equal to the original battery so far – DIGITA Nikon EN-EL14+ Replacement 7.4V "1030mAh" Fully Decoded Battery for Nikon D5100 - Black Reviews

posted by rodceballos on 02/13/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
- Gives a good amount of shots/video It's difficult to tell you how many/much exactly since we used it in a battery grip alongside a nikon original battery. I can tell you thought that it effectively doubled the recording time compared to what we were getting just from the nikon one. - The price is about a 1/3 of what the normal battery costs in my country, not considering the fact that here it's only available in the capital city and that involves paying freight.
Cons:
The battery itself has no cons that I cna see. The instructions are clear and it seems to work very well so far. I guess we'll only know in the far future if it lasts as long as an original one.
Other:
Got this battery to use in a battery grip with my Nikon camera and am pleased with the results. We shot quite a lot of video at a wedding last weekend and were able to recharge reasonably quickly - using other batteries during this time.
Bottomline:
A must if you plan to do any sort of extended photo o video shoot. Good price and decent packaging. It does not seem like a cheap or unrealiable battery although only time will tell if it really holds up to an original one.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections