DX  » Community » Reviews » TP-LINK TL-WR703N Mini 3G 2.4GHz 802.11b/g/n 150Mbps Wireless Router - Blue
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 4
  • Quality: 5
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 5
Great WiFi router in a small case – TP-LINK TL-WR703N Mini 3G 2.4GHz 802.11b/g/n 150Mbps Wireless Router - Blue Reviews

posted by dsarkanovic on 03/22/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:more than 1 month

Pros:
As a standard wifi router this item performs good. Signal power and throughput are good enough for a room, small apartment or office. I would also use it on a trip in a hotel room if they provide Ethernet in room as in most hotels WiFi reception in rooms is in general bad. But, when you upgrade it with e.g. OpenWrt, it becomes a small hacker computer running a real Linux and being supported by a great online community.
Cons:
Except the fact that the Web UI is in Chinese only, nothing really. As I immediately upgraded it to OpenWrt this was not bothering me much.
Other:
There are tons of pages on internet describing how to upgrade this router into all sorts of things: IP Webcam, File server and much more.
Bottomline:
I bought this item primarily for hacking it with OpenWrt and it is absolutely possible (and relatively easy) to do it.

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections