DX  » Community » Reviews » TP-LINK TL-WR703N Mini 3G 2.4GHz 802.11b/g/n 150Mbps Wireless Router - Blue
View all reviews of this product

2 DXPoints earned for this post

write a review, and get DXPoints

• Overall Rating: 5
  • Price: 5
  • Quality: 5
  • Ease Of Use: 5
  • Usefulness: 5
Fantastic Product – TP-LINK TL-WR703N Mini 3G 2.4GHz 802.11b/g/n 150Mbps Wireless Router - Blue Reviews

posted by carlos.www on 06/06/2013 Certified Owner

Involvement:Expert (understands the inner workings) - Ownership:1 week to 1 month

Pros:
Versatile device with many useful functions. Perfect for trips and to give your arduino a cheap wireless interface. Even more powerful with openwrt. Very well built and packed. It can work as a little repeater. Can be greatly modded.
Cons:
Chinese user interface. You have to be very careful when searching for another firmware. Very likely to brick your device if you choose a non compatible firmware version to your build. Useless english manual. Search the internet for more information.
Other:
Mine came with "v1.6" firmware printed on the label, but inside (in the webgui) it wasn´t. It was Built 121204, Release: 3.14.4 - Chinese. I loaded the following firmware: openwrt-ar71xx-generic-tl-wr703n-v1-squashfs-factory.bin From this site: http://downloads.openwrt.org/attitude_adjustment/12.09/ar71xx/generic/openwrt-ar71xx-generic-tl-wr703n-v1-squashfs-factory.bin It took a while to start loading, but once it did, it was a really easy procedure, and the new webgui (LuCi) appeared without further configuring. I´m not responsible if you brick your device. Do a little resarch first. Watch out for the build version. It´s a good idea to buy the serial adaptor in case you brick your device.
Bottomline:
Buy it!

WHY CHOOSE DX.COM?

Get great weekly deals and offers like: Collections